Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to the game. If you haven't already created a character, what are you waiting for?
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Restart Questions

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Will all characters, gov’t activity, and warchests be reset starting Round 2? Does R2’s 2021 begin after the first term of Trump’s RL presidency, or?

Also, would it be possible to back up a year and let us campaign to set the House/Senate composition—leaving Tillman as POTUS?

Edited by Pinnacle

Sen. Grant Pinnacle, Majority Leader

Republican | ARKANSAS

Twitter | Press Office | Website

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Will all characters, gov’t activity, and warchests be reset starting Round 2? Does R2’s 2021 begin after the first term of Trump’s RL presidency, or?

Yes, everything will be reset, even for Tillman (though it's the same bio). Also yes, Tillman's term will be post-Trump. 

49 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Also, would it be possible to back up a year and let us campaign to set the House/Senate composition—leaving Tillman as POTUS?

I'll leave this pending for now if anyone else wants to weigh in. I feel like the strongest start to a game is with Congress being in session instead of elections. If we're running an ad campaign to start the round, we want something for new players to do. New players, especially those without experience with these kinds of games, are hesitant to jump into an election as soon as they find the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I'd rather start with Congress in session instead of elections. We just got done with elections and it seems like a lot of players checked out when those were over, so I'd rather not jump right back into them only to have people check out again once they're over.

Do we know about how long it's gonna be before the round starts?

Edited by Brady

Senator Jackson T. Hawthorne III (R-WV)
President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate

Bio - Press Office - @JacksonHawthorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brady said:

 

Do we know about how long it's gonna be before the round starts?

I think a week or two max would be a reasonable expectation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bruce said:

I think a week or two max would be a reasonable expectation. 

Cool, looking forward to it!

  • Like 1

Senator Jackson T. Hawthorne III (R-WV)
President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate

Bio - Press Office - @JacksonHawthorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it ok to start posting our bios or should we hold off on that?

Also, just to get some idea of the background for the round, will Tillman have beaten Trump in the 2020 election?


Senator Jackson T. Hawthorne III (R-WV)
President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate

Bio - Press Office - @JacksonHawthorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brady said:

Is it ok to start posting our bios or should we hold off on that?

Also, just to get some idea of the background for the round, will Tillman have beaten Trump in the 2020 election?

Hold off on bios for now, please. The 2020 election is also still TBD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Michael said:

Do you plan on keeping keeping player media like it is?

Generally, yes. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on how it went though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed in Senate rules it says voting records are required. It said that last round too, but no one had voting records - so are they actually required?


Senator Jackson T. Hawthorne III (R-WV)
President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate

Bio - Press Office - @JacksonHawthorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brady said:

I noticed in Senate rules it says voting records are required. It said that last round too, but no one had voting records - so are they actually required?

In the current session of Congress I won't require it. When the number of players is small it's easier to manage voter support based on votes. Voting records are only really necessary when we grow a bit more. Likely next Congress they will be required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruce said:

In the current session of Congress I won't require it. When the number of players is small it's easier to manage voter support based on votes. Voting records are only really necessary when we grow a bit more. Likely next Congress they will be required.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Senator Jackson T. Hawthorne III (R-WV)
President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate

Bio - Press Office - @JacksonHawthorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brady said:

I just noticed the Voting Calculator needs updated for the new round. @Bruce

Oh right, thank you. Fixed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...