Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to the game. If you haven't already created a character, what are you waiting for?
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Round 1 Announcements

Important announcements from the admin team go here.

114th Congress (2015-2016)

July 10: Congress Opens
August 9: Congress Adjourns

2016 Election Schedule (Congress)

July 6: Mid-session (4 hours)
July 13: Mid-session (4 hours)
July 20: Mid-session (4 hours)
July 27: Mid-session (4 hours)
August 3: Senate Filing Deadline (4 hours)
August 5: Senate Primary (24 hours, if necessary)
August 6-7: National Conventions (No campaigning)
August 8: Turn 1 (20 hours)
August 10: Turn 2 (20 hours)
August 12: Turn 3 (20 hours)
August 14: Turn 4 (20 hours)
August 16: Turn 5 (20 hours)
August 17-18: Election Day Results
August 25: Inauguration

2016 Election Schedule (President)

July 6: Mid-session (4 hours)
July 13: Mid-session (4 hours)
July 14: POTUS Filing Deadline (4 hours)
July 15: Primary Turn 1; Ames Straw Poll (12 hours)
July 18: Primary Turn 2 (12 hours)
July 21: Primary Turn 3 (16 hours) (Iowa, New Hampshire primaries)
July 24: Primary Turn 4 (16 hours) (Nevada, South Carolina primaries)
July 27: Primary Turn 5 (20 hours) (Super Tuesday: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, DC, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia primaries)
July 30: Primary Turn 6 (20 hours) (Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, New York, Ohio, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming primaries)
August 2: Primary Turn 7 (20 hours) (Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia primaries)
August 5: Primary Turn 8 (20 hours) (California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota primaries)
August 6-7: National Conventions (No campaigning)
August 8: Turn 1 (20 hours)
August 10: Turn 2 (20 hours)
August 12: Turn 3 (20 hours)
August 14: Turn 4 (20 hours)
August 16: Turn 5 (20 hours)
August 17-18: Election Day Results
August 25: Inauguration

Party discord roles have been made self assignable, to ease administrative workload on the admin team with assigning and removing roles. This being said, if anyone is caught assigning and removing roles to read the other parties discussions they will be punished according to the rules of GPS. Cheers.

• Like 2

Conrad

Admin of Everything

Some minor tweaks to the media tycoon system:

• Tycoons begin with $5 million
  • Expansion costs have been updated. Note that this cost is the broadcasting rights to spread your media entity into that media market. 
  •  Media entities will generate money each IC month rather than each IC year.

Also, a clarification on players who play both GPS and PolUK. You absolutely may play both, but some leadership positions are restricted. You may only be one of the following positions. If you hold one of these positions you are limited to being a backbencher in the other game.

• PolUK: PM, DPM, Foreign Sec, Opposition Leader
  • GPS: POTUS, VP, Sec of State, Opposition Party Leader
  • Thanks 1

With this shortened Congressional session and the fact that we're still getting new players coming in, we're going to forego the use of Senate Committees in this Congress. After the 2016 election concludes the admin team will reconsider for the next Congress.

• Like 3

A few announcements:

• I'm happy to say that the Factbook is finished. The factbook is 50+ webpages with more detailed demographic info than ever before. Please utilize it, not only was it a big undertaking but it will help you immensely to be successful in the game, particularly during elections.
  • The K Street PACs for the 114th Congress and 2016 elections is announced here. I'm hoping to be pretty hands on with K Street, so don't be surprised if you're contacted by a group in the future.
  • My apologies for not opening it sooner, but filing to run for President and Senate in 2016 are now open. Be aware that the filing deadline for President is tomorrow with the first turn and Ames Straw Poll on Monday. Here's a link to the POTUS filing: 
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, POTUS turn 1 results are going to need to be delayed another day. Thank you for your patience.

• Thanks 1

I've finally finished the POTUS spreadsheets, but there are two unfortunate consequences of trying to tackle a national election on a county level:

1. Turnout is not a function
  2. Organization spending in your campaign schedules is not allowed

Both of these apply to the Presidential election only. Senate elections run as previously planned. 

For those of you that included org spending in your turn 1, you will be refunded that money.

• Like 1

For those of you with media characters: I am offering a $1 million bonus per GOP debate you organize, moderate, and post from now until the National Convention. 

I'll even sweeten the pot. If the debate includes all GOP candidates and is posted before the Super Tuesday turn you will receive a $5 million bonus.

• Like 2

I'm pleased to welcome @Macmillan and @The Artful Dodger to the admin team. Both of them bring a significant amount of experience both as an admin and as a player and are valuable assets to the game. The Artful Dodger will be the primary admin for the U.S. Congress and Macmillan will be the UK News Director (tasked with both importing significant news from PolUK and export news from GPS to PolUK). Admin roles can be found here (you'll notice that it is built to grow as GPS grows): 

In the interest of full transparency, I will point out that Macmillan remains a player at PolUK. However, this will not impact his role at GPS and we're going through great lengths to avoid any risk of conflict of interest.

• Like 1

Delegates per state:

State Dem Delegates GOP Delegates GOP Threshold
Alabama 60 50 20%
Alaska 20 28 13%
Arizona 85 58 WTA
Arkansas 37 40 15%
California 548 172 15%
Colorado 78 37 Proportional
Connecticut 71 28 WTA
Delaware 31 16 WTA
DC 46 19 15%
Florida 246 99 WTA
Georgia 117 76 20%
Hawaii 35 19 Proportional
Idaho 27 32 20%
Illinois 182 69 WTA
Indiana 92 57 WTA
Iowa 52 30 Proportional
Kansas 37 40 10%
Kentucky 60 46 5%
Louisiana 59 46 20%
Maine 30 23 10%
Maryland 118 38 WTA
Massachusetts 116 42 5%
Michigan 147 59 15%
Minnesota 93 38 10%
Mississippi 41 40 15%
Missouri 84 52 WTA
Montana 27 27 WTA
Nebraska 30 36 WTA
Nevada 43 30 Proportional
New Hampshire 32 23 10%
New Jersey 142 51 WTA
New Mexico 43 24 15%
New York 291 95 20%
North Carolina 121 72 Proportional
North Dakota 23 28 Proportional
Ohio 160 66 Proportional
Oklahoma 42 43 15%
Oregon 74 28 Proportional
Pennsylvania 210 71 WTA
Rhode Island 33 19 10%
South Carolina 59 50 WTA
South Dakota 25 29 WTA
Tennessee 75 58 20%
Texas 251 155 20%
Utah 37 40 15%
Vermont 26 16 20%
Virginia 109 49 Proportional
Washington 118 44 20%
West Virginia 37 34 WTA
Wisconsin 96 42 WTA
Wyoming 18 29 Proportional
Totals 4,634 2,413  

Hi there. I'll be taking over affinity ratings and will be doing them once a week (probably on Saturday) and doing a write up along with them. 

Let me know if you have any questions 😊

• Like 2

Christopher Reed
Administrator

Please make sure your stuff for press releases, voting, etc and bills are all set up for affinity ratings. They'll come out tomorrow or Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

Christopher Reed
Administrator

1. Join our discord.

2. Join our discord.

3. I'm working through your affinity ratings.

4. I'll have a new story / possible scenario for you all to stew over.

• Like 1

Christopher Reed
Administrator

Fitzgerald has informed the admin team that due to OOC reasons he will be unable to accept the Republican nomination for President and will need to leave the game for the time being. Real life always comes before the game, so please join me in wishing him all the best and sending him good vibes during this time.

The admin team has deliberated the fairest way to handle things while keeping in mind that it would be setting a precedent for future. Therefore, if the primary winner is unable to accept the nomination, it will default to the runner up. In this case, Driscoll is still away so the Republican nomination for President in 2016 would fall to @ADG. Congratulations!

I am extending the convention deadline by 2 days (so due on Friday 8/9) to allow both parties to adjust accordingly. Thank you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New 2016 general election schedule:

August 6-9: National Conventions (No campaigning)
August 10: Turn 1 (20 hours)
August 12: Turn 2 (20 hours)
August 14: Turn 3 (20 hours)
August 16: Turn 4 (20 hours)
August 18: Turn 5 (20 hours)
August 19-20: Election Day Results

In the interest of fairness to allow players to plan and submit Turn 1 campaign schedules, we will delay for a day. Also note that I'm going to have very limited internet access for a couple days next week, so the schedule has also been adjusted to allow for that. This is the final schedule:

August 6-9: National Conventions (No campaigning)
August 11: Turn 1 (20 hours)
August 13: Turn 2 (20 hours)
August 16: Turn 3 (20 hours)
August 18: Turn 4 (20 hours)
August 20: Turn 5 (20 hours)
August 21-22: Election Day Results

Over the next couple of days I'm focusing my efforts on cleaning up the News forum, bringing player media grades up to date, and generally tweaking the system for effectiveness and desirability. I'm open to suggestions/comments to that end.

This is an important announcement. If you have published interviews, please post a copy in your press box. This is the way I can catch them for grading purposes rather than looking at who's done interviews. This is going to be the rule for affinity ratings going forward since the way I grade you is that I look at your posts and work my way on grading you.

Christopher Reed
Administrator

Sign in to follow this