Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to the game. If you haven't already created a character, what are you waiting for?
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

France Questions

Questions about the French election and how playing as President will work should go here please.

Well, how will playing as President of France work for the winner, and what restrictions will it impose upon the player?  Also, what happens if a player vanishes after winning?

2 minutes ago, Steven Andrews said:

Well, how will playing as President of France work for the winner, and what restrictions will it impose upon the player?  Also, what happens if a player vanishes after winning?

There won't be much (if any) domestic stuff to do as President, so his/her role would primarily be in regards to foreign policy scenarios (Turkey, for example). 

What do you mean by restrictions? It does not affect character limits if that's what you're asking. The only restriction that currently comes to mind is that you cannot be the leader of more than one country (so Chris wouldn't be able to also play as President of France, for example). 

If the player vanishes or otherwise needs to vacate the position, the character would simply become an admin-controlled NPC.

What would the President of France get to do regarding the main game? 

Administrator

Lobbying, Midsession Schedules, and Scenarios

10 minutes ago, SWMissourian said:

What would the President of France get to do regarding the main game? 

Interact with foreign policy scenarios and the US President.

• Thanks 1

I was wondering about "broad strokes" domestic policy (e.g. a Melanchon-type character attempting to breach EU nationalization rules or an FN character causing/contributing to a migration crisis...both would nominally be domestic policy but would certainly cause international knock-on effects).

1 hour ago, Steven Andrews said:

I was wondering about "broad strokes" domestic policy (e.g. a Melanchon-type character attempting to breach EU nationalization rules or an FN character causing/contributing to a migration crisis...both would nominally be domestic policy but would certainly cause international knock-on effects).

I'm open to things on a case by case basis.

11 hours ago, Steven Andrews said:

How do we do the campaign?

Edit: By which I mean, do you provide the questions or do we come up with them?

I'll provide the questions and unhide posts at the end of each night to allow for back and forth between the candidates.