Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to the game. If you haven't already created a character, what are you waiting for?
Bruce

2016 Endorsement Applications

The 8 lobbyist groups still have $2 billion to spend before the end of the 2016 election. Why not get some of it for yourself? All characters are eligible to submit an application to as many groups as you wish before Friday's deadline to possibly receive a donation, but the lobbyist groups are particularly interested in hearing from the 2016 candidates. Please use the following template for each group you're applying for support from:

Group:
Character Name: 
Current Position: 
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: 

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: 

All replies to this thread are hidden until after the deadline.

Posted (edited)

Group: CCV
Character Name: Anthony Granata
Current Position: US Senator from IL
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: GOP Nominee for President

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: I voted AYE on the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2015

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: As president of the United States, I pledge to propose and sign legislation prohibiting any federal tax dollars from being spent on Planned Parenthood. We will effectively DEFUND Planned Parenthood. 

Edited by ADG
  • Thanks 1

Joe.jpg.5640d7bb208192d467276349387475b9.jpg

Group: USBA

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?:  Repeatedly spoke about limiting government overreach and scaling back mandates on business. Acted as a liaison for business in the political arena as a business owner and US Senator. Repeatedly called for the repeal and replacement of Obamacare. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Propose and sign legislation repealing Obamacare and replacing it with key provisions removed such as the individual mandate. 

• Thanks 1

Character Name: Robert Powell
Current Position: SmL
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: CO senate

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Fought for the rights of marijuana businesses in Colorado and other states

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Fight against any tariffs 

Group: MICA
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: CO Senate

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Passed USS Frank E. Evans Act

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Continue to honor veterans and fund the VA more

Group: WC

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Introduced FAMIly act, Taft-Hartley repeal, and minimum wage increase

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: pass all of the above and further rights for unions and workers

Group: WPD

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: stood against war with NK and for diplomacy with Iran 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: vote to lower military budget and stand against forever wars.

Group: GFA

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Stood for green infrastructure like more solar panels and wind farms

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?:  Prevent drilling in ANWR and new offshore drilling. Continue to push for new green jobs in the energy sector and push for cleaner transportation.

Group: DCLU

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Introduced equality act. Fought for a woman’s right to chose. Introduced bill to keep marijuana legal in Colorado. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Will continue to fight for LGBTQ rights and rights for women. Will pass equality act and protect trans bathroom rights.

• Thanks 1

Robert Powell (D-CO) 

SmL

-Former Denver City Councilman & Colorado Secretary of State-

Anthony Ludwig - The Political Corner

Group: US Business Advocates 
Character Name: Michael Madison
Current Position: Class III US Senator from Missouri, Chair of the Republican National Committee
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: Class III US Senator from Missouri 

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: 

I co-sponsored legislation aimed at abolishing the estate tax, drastically reducing legislation, and lowering the corporate tax rate. Under my leadership, the RNC has lambasted Obamacare and the regulatory state. We have stood against the Democratic push to raise minimum wage and force business owners to act against their conscience. 

I will continue to push the above-mentioned legislation, and I will introduce legislation that will incentivize states through block grants to lower their own regulations. I will continue to lead the GOP against increasing the federal minimum wage as well. 

• Thanks 1

Senator Michael Madison (R-MO)

American-Midwest News Corporation

Group: Polluters Anonymous
Current Position: Class III US Senator from Missouri, Chair of the Republican National Committee

As RNC Chair and US Senator, I have criticized President Obama's regime of excessive environmental legislation. The GOP has pushed for regulatory relief with the Regulatory Relief Act, which would no doubt include environmental regulations from the EPA. 

I will introduce legislation to abolish the "Waters of the United States" rule permanently, and I will also introduce legislation that will direct the EPA to issue a report based on the economic impact of their regulations. With that, we will then pass legislation that requires the EPA and other agencies to slash overly burdensome regulation. Should we win the Presidency as well, I will ask the President to issue an Executive Order that will limit the total amount of regulation the EPA can issue in a year. 

• Thanks 1

Group: Coalition of Christian Values

I have harshly criticized abortion during my time in Congress. I introduced the No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion Act, and we got it passed through the Senate, though our dear President will most certainly veto it. Despite many seeing this as coming from a merely conservative position, I have worked to raise the issue among moderates as well, who don't want their money going to abortion. I also co-sponsored Senator Reed's Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, a fantastic piece of legislation that bans abortion after 15 weeks: further protection of our most vulnerable citizens. 

I have also stood for gun rights, working to advance national concealed carry reciprocity, which I introduced in the Senate. I have continually ripped Democrats for killing the bill, especially their so-called "moderates". Gun control has never received my support. 

I will re-introduce the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, and I will work hard to get it passed. I will also work hard to re-pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act. Furthermore, no gun control bill will receive my support, and I will reintroduce national concealed carry reciprocity. 

• Thanks 1

Group: Workers Coalition

I have supported efforts to lower personal taxes on the working class, with Senator Fitzgerald introducing the Working Class Tax Relief Act. Meanwhile, the RNC, under my leadership, has supported lower taxes on the American people and simplifying the tax code to eliminate byzantine deductions and we have encouraged our caucus to support lower taxes and a simplified tax code as well. 

We have passed legislation in the Senate that stands up to China and helps American workers, including the Fair Trade with China Enforcement Act and the Promoting More American Manufacturing Jobs Act, both of which I voted for. 

We have also stood against illegal labor, which decreases wages and replaces American workers. See the Legal Workforce Act, of which I am a proud co-sponsor. 

I will push for lower taxes on the working class and simplification of the tax code that keeps the rich from exploiting loopholes with their highly-paid tax lawyers and leaves the tax burden on our amazing workers. 

I will work to pass further legislative measures aimed at protecting American workers from Chinese currency manipulation, espionage, and theft. While I hope this to be a bipartisan push, I will push it alone with my fellow Republicans if need be. 

I will vote for and sponsor measures like the Legal Workforce Act that protect American workers and their wages from illegal, unskilled, cheap labor.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Character Name: Elise Thorne 
Current Position: State Senator for AR-35
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: Yes, AR Senate

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Publicly denounced the Republican plan for tariffs. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Oppose any and every bill that will open up a trade war with China or Europe. Push a bill that will require Congressional approval on tariffs. 

Current Position: State Senator for AR-35
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: Yes, AR Senate

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Noted Christian. Publicly anti abortion

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Push a bill that will provide for easier access to contraception (especially barrier contraception). 

Group: WPD
Current Position: State Senator for AR-35
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: Yes, AR Senate

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: just started. Not a lot of foriegn policy in Arkansas

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Back a bill that requires AUMF's to have a set timeline. Congress must reauthorize force authorization every four years

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Character Name: Calvin Ward 
Current Position: Democratic Chair and Sen. MA
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: No, but will be leading the charge on the 2016 Senate push

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: I'm probably the strongest advocate for workers rights and unionization. Does singing "there's power in a union" count? Have been proworker since before taking public office. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Am working on a worker's bill of rights. Provided that we get the White House and a majority, I'm willing to go nuclear to get the following: paid new parent leave, repeal Taft Hartley, the $15 min wage, fair scheduling. I will fillibuster ANY bill that will create "right to work" at the federal level. 

Group: GFA
Character Name: Calvin Ward 
Current Position: Democratic Chair and Sen. MA
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: No, but will be leading the charge on the 2016 Senate push

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Not nearly enough, but we don't control the docket. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Introduce a Green jobs bill. Open up the market for hybrid vehicles, wind, and solar. Allow tax incentives for those companies. Using union labor we can both create jobs and reduce emissions to net zero. Democrats will maintain our position in Paris Climate Accords. With this proposal we can create economic growth to the working class and reduce emissions 

Edited by CWard
  • Thanks 1

Calvin Ward

Senator Massachusetts- D 

Group: Worker's Coalition
Character Name:  Barnabee Luthor James
Current Position: Illinois District 1 Rep
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: Yes Illinois Senate

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: N/A

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Increase union power, 15 dollar minimum wage for tipped and non-tipped workers, introduce CEO pay caps, double tariffs on products from China and India, and punish tech companies who move jobs to India

• Thanks 1

Reverend Wolfe Allenson (D-MO) 

The Charismatic Savior of 'Murica

Senate Candidate Dr.Barnabee Luthor James (D-IL)

Slayer of Hopes Murderer of Dreams

Group: PA

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Has publicly called for elimination/cuts to the EPA and have been criticized by democrats for doing so. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: The EPA will be one of the areas of the budget that gets cut. Regulations on industry will be scaled back. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Group: Workers Coalition (WC)
Character Name: Christina Tillman 
Current Position: U.S. Senator California 
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: POTUS

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?:  Supported the $15 minimum wage movement, opposed the estate tax repeal, opposed the corporate tax rate reduction, promoted a deficit neutral approach to lower taxes on individuals as President, supported a tough position on trade with China especially with China’s unfair trade practices. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: As President, I will enact lower taxes for individuals, raise minimum wage, oppose RTW, and support American industries while keeping our labor here. 

Group: MICA

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: Had an interview with Adam Preston where I outlined my Foreign Policy. 

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?:  My foreign policy can be summed up by the values of this group. 

• Supports expanding military spending
  • Advocates generally for interventionist and neoconservative foreign policy
  • Advocates for veteran issues

Group: GFA

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?:  Continue to strengthen the ACA and support the increasing regulation to protect the environment. 

Group:DCLU

What do you pledge to accomplish in the next two years if they support you?: Continue to fight for equality, appoint judges that respect that Roe is law of the land, and ensure the ERA is passed. 

Edited by Chris
  • Thanks 1

0B6E32E2-E74E-489C-9297-0F4AF2319B51.jpeg.99b640adfd1fd7b72e3dc8630982799e.jpeg

Posted (edited)

US Business Advocates

Grant Pinnacle

Senator (R-AR), Senate Majority Whip

Next Election: 2020

This session, I have supported the values of USBA by:

- sponsoring the Student Agriculture Protection Act, which eliminates taxes on student-farmer earnings;

- sponsoring the National Right-to-Work Act, which supports workers’ right to not join unions;

- championing the State-Based, Market Oriented Prescription Drug Negotiations Act, which allows the free market to regulate the price of medicine, not the federal government; and

- cosponsoring the Regulatory Relief Act, which ends the growth of a “regulatory state”.

Over the next two years, I will continue to support free trade, oppose government regulations over business, and repeal Obamacare. Additionally, I’ll work to elect more Republicans who support business to the Senate.

*signs name in blood*

Edited by Pinnacle
Added next election date
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sen. Grant Pinnacle, Majority Leader

Republican | ARKANSAS

Instagram | Press Office | Website

_____

Lt. Col. Bill Bloom

Former Candidate for U.S. Senate | COLORADO

Twitter | Press Office | Website

Military-Industrial Complex Association

Grant Pinnacle

Senator (R-AR), Senator Majority Whip

This session, I have supported the values of MICA by:

- sponsoring the Taiwan Assurance Act, which strengthens the defense relationship between the U.S. and Taiwan;

- sponsoring the U.S.-Israel Joint Missile Defense Act, which supports our defense relationship with Israel and appropriates $105,000,000 to the Department of Defense;

- sponsoring the Integrated Missile Defense Act, which assess and supports the development of missile defense capabilities; and

- sponsoring the Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act, which restores improperly withheld taxes to our heroes.

Over the next two years, I will support appropriating money to missile defense and offense capabilities, support the development of America’s nuclear triad, and ensure that veterans receive the care they deserve. I won’t advocate for war, however it is 100% on the table.

• Thanks 1

Republican | ARKANSAS

_____

Lt. Col. Bill Bloom

Coalition of Christian Values

Grant Pinnacle

Senator (R-AR), Senate Majority Whip

This session, I have supported the values of CCV by:

- sponsoring the Equal Campus Access Act, which supports religious student organizations on college campuses; and

- cosponsoring the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which prevents abortion after 15 weeks.

Over the next two years, I will continue to support religious organizations and oppose abortion.

• Thanks 1

Republican | ARKANSAS

_____

Lt. Col. Bill Bloom

Character Name: Dean Tyler
Current Position: Pennsylvania State Senator
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania

• Support legislation to rein in executive branch regulations by subjecting them to congressional approval.
  • Support legislation requiring repeal of two executive branch regulations for every new regulation imposed.
  • Oppose legislation that would restrict or prohibit coal, oil, or natural gas exploration and production.
  • Oppose cap-and-trade legislation or any other legislation that would impose a carbon tax.
  • Protect the energy industry from eminent domain restrictions that would target pipeline construction.

• Spoke in favor of religious liberty and conscience protections during campaign kickoff.
  • Spoke in favor of religious liberty at the Republican National Convention.

• Support legislation to create religious liberty and conscience protections for Americans in the workplace.
  • Oppose legislation that would infringe upon Americans' religious liberty in the workplace (i.e., the Equality Act).
  • Support legislation to protect unborn life from the moment a fetal heartbeat is detected.
  • Support legislation to impose parental notification and consent requirements for minors seeking abortion.
  • Only vote to confirm Supreme Court justices who will conservatively interpret the Constitution.

Group: Workers Coalition

• Spoke in favor of increasing the standard deduction and the child tax credit during campaign kickoff.
  • Spoke against outsourcing and bad trade deals, specifically NAFTA and the TPP, during campaign kickoff.

• Support tax reform legislation that primarily benefits working and middle class Americans.
  • Support tax reform legislation that will lower the overall corporate tax rate while eliminating deductions and loopholes.
  • Oppose any trade agreement like NAFTA or TPP that is more beneficial for other nations than for American workers.
  • Support legislation to rein in executive branch power to fast track trade agreements.
  • Support legislation that will regulate business with the People's Republic of China.
  • Thanks 1

Group: US Business Advocates
Character Name: Tony Barilla (R-NV)
Current Position: Nevada State Senator
Candidate in 2016? If so, for what race?: US Senate in Nevada

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: N/A 

• Repeal and Replace Obamacare 
    • Legalize interstate sale of health insurance
    • Enact federal tort reform, including caps on noneconomic damages, caps on attorney fees, and mandatory sanctions for sham/frivolous pleadings in federal court
    • Streamline FDA approvals process 
  • Cut corporate income taxes to 20%
  • Enact mandatory sunset laws for federal regulations 
  • Require Congressional approval for any regulation with an estimated economic impact above $1 billion 
  • Support Free Trade Agreements, including TPP and and bilateral agreements with Latin America 
  • Increase legal immigration 

Group: Military Industrial Complex Association

What have you done since the beginning of the round to support the values of this group?: N/A 

• Seek to increase DoD budget to $800 million 
  • Increase US attack submarine fleet to keep numerical superiority to China 
  • Add an additional carrier strike group to the US Navy
  • Create a Space Force 
  • Tear up the Obama agreement with Iran
  • Withdraw from the INF Treaty and deploy medium-range ballistic missiles in the Pacific 
  • Continue to deploy ABM systems in Eastern Europe 
  • Vastly increase military R&D budget, including for technology like lasers, drones, railguns, and other experimental systems 
  • Increase the F-22 program and allow export of more US weapons systems to close allies
  • Support Presidential arms sales to Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Japan, Israel, and other allies

• Keep Fracking Legal
    • Oppose any federal ban/restrictions on fracking 
  • Approve/build Keystone XL and other controversial pipelines 
  • Legalize drilling for oil off the Atlantic coast and in Alaska 
  • End the Obama "War on Coal"
  • Require any new energy regulations to get Congressional approval if they have an economic impact of greater than $1 billion 

• Oppose abortion except in cases of rape or incest or to save the life of the mother
  • Will not vote to confirm any judges that would uphold Roe v. Wade
  • Support federal ban on late term and partial birth abortions
  • Support federal heartbeat bill 
  • Pass a law prohibiting abortion providers from receiving any federal funding, anywhere in the world
  • Enact a nation-wide freedom of conscience bill, so that nobody can be forced to perform an abortion
  • Repeal provisions of Obamacare that require employers of faith to provide health insurance coverage for birth control 
  • Thanks 1

Senator Tony Barilla (R-NV)

USBA MICA PA CCV WC WPD GFA DCLU
President Granata   Granata Granata Tillman   Tillman Tillman
Arkansas Thorne Valentine Valentine - - Thorne - -
Colorado   - - Bloom Powell Powell Powell Powell
Illinois Morse Morse - - James James James James
Missouri Madison - Madison Madison Madison Porter Porter Porter
Nevada Barilla Barilla Barilla Barilla Murray - Murray Murray
New Hampshire Whitaker Whitaker - - - - Manongalia Manongalia
North Carolina Ross Ross Ross - Randall Randall - Randall
Pennsylvania - - Tyler Tyler Tyler - Roman Roman

The 3 groups that are still undecided on a race (USBA for Colorado Senate; MICA and WPD for POTUS) still have money left to donate. They will announce requirements for their endorsement shortly.

• Like 2

USBA is still deciding who to endorse for the Colorado Senate seat and still has $55 million to distribute. In order to secure their endorsement, reply to this thread with a promise to introduce legislation to lower the corporate tax rate AND hold 1 rally in your Turn 3 or Turn 4 schedule in Washington, DC (thus visiting the group's headquarters). @Pinnacle @Dogslife

MICA is still deciding who to endorse for President and still has $35 million to distribute. In order to secure their endorsement, reply to this thread naming 3 countries where you think military intervention may be plausible/necessary AND hold 1 rally in your Turn 3 or Turn 4 schedule in Montgomery County, Maryland (thus visiting the HQ of Lockheed Martin in Bethesda, MD). @ADG @Chris

WPD is still deciding who to endorse for President and still has $70 million to distribute. In order to secure their endorsement, reply to this thread promising that as President you will support/strengthen the NATO alliance AND hold 3 rallies in your Turn 3 or Turn 4 schedule in New York County, New York (thus spending time at the United Nations). @Chris @ADG

MICA: Rally scheduled turn 3. Syria, Libya, or any country that Russia attempts to reclaim by force such as Ukraine, Georgia, or elsewhere.

WPD: As President, I will work with our allies and strengthen our position within the UN and NATO as they are important to our positioning in the world. I will not take action without consulting NATO first. Rallies scheduled for turn 3.

0B6E32E2-E74E-489C-9297-0F4AF2319B51.jpeg.99b640adfd1fd7b72e3dc8630982799e.jpeg