Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Round 2 Announcements

Important announcements from the admin team go here.

The game calendar has been updated for the first 4 IC years of Round 2: https://www.globalpoliticssim.com/calendar/

You'll notice that 2021 - 2023 have 4 RL days per IC month but 2024 remains at 5 RL days per IC month to allow for a full POTUS election while maintaining a realistic schedule. 

The start date will be Sunday October 13, 2019. Players can submit bios starting October 10th. 

I am offering $2 million to your main character's starting warchest for each How To Guide you write (max $10m) for new players on any aspect of the game that you feel you have knowledge to share. Over the next few weeks I expect we will have quite a few new players coming in, so I'd like to have these guides completed before the end of Saturday night (in preparation for the game opening on Sunday). 

https://www.globalpoliticssim.com/help/

Don't miss the opportunity in the announcement above to earn up to $10 million for your new character. Here are a few more announcements as we inch closer to the game open. Beginning at midnight tonight you can post the bio for your new character.

• The Senate roster has been updated for the start of the new round. https://www.globalpoliticssim.com/usa/roster/
  • See this post for pre-game stories of things that happened between 10/10/19 - 1/1/21. This isn't the extent of what has happened in the world IC, but rather these can be seen as setting the stage for upcoming scenarios. 

So, the Balanced Budget Amendment has passed, and it is now up to the states to ratify it. 38 states must ratify the amendment for it to become law. Here is a map of state partisan control in each state, the little circle represents the state's lower house if it has one: 

newstatepartisan.thumb.png.72da996e7ab1bde6dbc3d008ae383f0c.png

Some states' votes will be simmed by me. However, many pivotal states will be decided by the players submitting appeals to the state legislature attempting to convince them to vote one way or another. I will announce a few of these states at a time (don't worry, I won't try to sim them all, I promise). States that are convinced to ratify the Balanced Budget Amendment will be announced in the Admin-Written Press Releases, while states that are convinced to not ratify the Balanced Budget Amendment will announce a formal rejection of the amendment in Admin-Written Press Releases. 

I encourage players from both parties to submit appeals to state legislatures. Those in leadership and those who come from states near those being appealed will have the most impact. Submit appeals to me through PM here on the boards.

• Thanks 1

Administrator

Lobbying, Midsession Schedules, and Scenarios

Round 2 has come to a close to allow the admin team to restructure the game to better fulfill our game mission. Round 3 will begin after the holidays, likely early/mid January. 

Beginning with the next round, we will set a tradition of GPS alternating rounds between the modern era and an historical era. In Round 3, our start date will be January 1, 1946. This era provides a couple of key advantages to the game's current mission as it starts with a relatively fewer number of independent countries and adds more as IC history develops (thus opening up more spots for players) and can operate actively with only a handful of players. More importantly this start date provides an abundance of potential scenarios to be played and allows players to shape the modern world however you would like. 

Also in Round 3, we will no longer be focusing primarily on the United States government. Rather, each country will be played by one player with more positions added as the game grows. Available countries are split into 2 tiers with only Tier 2 (represented in green in the map below) available to players on a first come first serve basis. The players for Tier 1 countries (red in the map below) are selected by the admin team after an application process to ensure realism and activity from the most important players. 

831872755_1946availmap.thumb.png.dc283edc07b50cdfdcbff21f8ea56f93.png

Sign in to follow this