Grant Pinnacle | Advice

Pinnacle

Senator Grant Pinnacle

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Good afternoon,

As you all are well aware, the Senate is intently deliberating the nomination of Mr. John Alexander to the high office of Attorney General of the United States. Throughout the hearing, a few major concerns have unfortunately come up, which brings me before you today.

First, let me be clear: I understand how uncommon it is for the Senate to reject one of the President’s cabinet picks. It’s only happened nine times in U.S. history, with nominees’ disqualifying factors ranging from conflicts of interest to a bit too much liquor. In my findings Mr. Alexander, although not a reported drunk or womanizer, lacks the respect—or perhaps the understanding—of the rule of law that is absolutely critical to the Office of the U.S. Attorney General, and is therefore just as disqualified as those rejected by the Senate in the past.

This evening, on behalf of myself and the people of Arkansas, I will be sending a letter to President Tillman advising that she withdraw Mr. Alexander’s nomination and put forth a new Attorney General nominee who understands that Congress makes the laws, the executive enforces the laws, the judiciary interprets the laws, and that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. I will contribute my advice that the next Attorney General nominee be someone who respects Arkansans’ timeless right to bear arms, and supports the sovereignty of our Government and the security of our borders.

In the meantime, I will continue to fairly and respectfully contribute to Mr. Alexander’s nomination process; and hope that the President hears the concerns of me and people all across the country.

God bless y’all.

Congress & Supreme Court Admin

Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Archived