Scolveki Ambassador Hearing

SWMissourian

• Administrators

There is an obvious hush over the room extraordinary for even classified meetings such as this. A large flatscreen television is erected in the middle of the room facing the committee members sitting on a semi-circle panel. There are auxillary televisions around the room allowing those with clearance to attend (staffers, etc) to also view. As the television turned from black to a buffering screen, a hushed silence full of anticipation comes over the room. After a moment, the Skolveki ambassador comes on the screen and nods comfortingly to the committee members. He waits a moment as he realizes this is the first time most members of the committee have seen his species. While the sight was not frightening, it was certainly unnerving to know that for the first time we were speaking with a species from another planet. The Skolveks are humanoid in nature, which helps. With his toned features and flowing blonde hair, he was purposefully chosen for this mission because he is considered "attractive" by Skolveki standards (and presumably, human standards as well). Once the committee members get used to the sight, he begins to speak.

"Mr. Speaker. Senators. Congressmen. Thank you for the honor of an invitation to speak to you today. My name is Sarik and I have been tasked to be the representative of the Skolveki government and the larger United Alliance that consists of over 100 species across the universe. 

For several human generations, the Skolveki people have stood with your species, protecting you when possible from the negative forces in the universe. We have watched the human species grow and evolve. While you still have many problems to address, we are proud of the progress you are making overall. And on a personal level, let me also add that to finally be able to speak to you today is the honor of a lifetime. I have been here for a very long time and I am confident that the future of humanity is bright. Perhaps one day, you can walk beside us across the stars as part of the United Alliance. But I may be getting ahead of myself, of course. I am sure you have many questions, and I will do my best to answer them. Thank you."

Thank you for being here, Ambassador Sarik. I think that I speak for all of us when I say that it is the honor of a lifetime to speak with a representative of a species from beyond this world. For so long, we wondered if we were alone, and now, we know that we are not. It is both an exciting, thrilling, and terrifying revelation, all at once. 

First, I would like to thank you and all Scolveks, as well as the United Alliance, for your willingness to let us develop and advance in peace. I think we are all grateful for your protection and watchfulness. I think, also, that we are all generally quite worried about what you have been protecting us from, or at the very least, we are curious. I think the Committee would greatly appreciate any information on that matter.

I will hold more of my questions for later, so that my colleagues may get a chance to satisfy their curiosity, address their concerns, and more. Again, I thank you so much for your cooperation and willingness to communicate and appear before us today. As I said, it’s an honor the likes of which I don’t think I will ever be able to put into words. 

@TexAgRepublican @Huffines @Bruce

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

Sarik,

Thank you for joining us today. It's an honor to speak with you and make this contact. Can you talk more about the "negative forces in the universe" that you mentioned? 

Former President Kyle Fitzgerald

Three-Time Republican Nominee

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

• Administrators
On 1/31/2022 at 5:23 PM, SWMissourian said:

Thank you for being here, Ambassador Sarik. I think that I speak for all of us when I say that it is the honor of a lifetime to speak with a representative of a species from beyond this world. For so long, we wondered if we were alone, and now, we know that we are not. It is both an exciting, thrilling, and terrifying revelation, all at once. 

First, I would like to thank you and all Scolveks, as well as the United Alliance, for your willingness to let us develop and advance in peace. I think we are all grateful for your protection and watchfulness. I think, also, that we are all generally quite worried about what you have been protecting us from, or at the very least, we are curious. I think the Committee would greatly appreciate any information on that matter.

I will hold more of my questions for later, so that my colleagues may get a chance to satisfy their curiosity, address their concerns, and more. Again, I thank you so much for your cooperation and willingness to communicate and appear before us today. As I said, it’s an honor the likes of which I don’t think I will ever be able to put into words. 

@TexAgRepublican @Huffines @Bruce

On 2/3/2022 at 12:50 PM, TexAgRepublican said:

Sarik,

Thank you for joining us today. It's an honor to speak with you and make this contact. Can you talk more about the "negative forces in the universe" that you mentioned? 

"Thank you for the question. I would be hesitant to discuss this in a public setting, but as the leaders of this species you deserve to know the truth. We were not the first extraterrestrial species to make contact with you. In fact, reaching out to your Eisenhower was a controversial decision among the United Alliance members. While we had been monitoring you for quite some time, you were not yet ready for contact. But, an evil species named the Nipur forced the situation and made contact a necessity. The Nipur is a truly vile race that we have opposed for a very long time. You know them in human pop culture as "grey aliens." They were abducting humans on an extraordinary scale before we stepped in, performing ferocious tests on your ancestors. We then placed you under our protection, causing these abductions to be reduced significantly. Over the years since then, we have helped you accomplish many things -- including this very technology allowing me to speak to you remotely today."

I see. And these Nipur, they are weaker than your alliances defensive capabilities? That is, our defense against them is not in any immediate jeopardy? 

And about these accomplishments. What kinds of technologies have you helped us with, and can we ask for more help with technology now that our races are mutually aware of one another?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, SWMissourian said:

I see. And these Nipur, they are weaker than your alliances defensive capabilities? That is, our defense against them is not in any immediate jeopardy? 

In regards to your first question, the United Alliance is the strongest in the galaxy. There is no threat we cannot eradicate. In regards to your second question, while you remain under our protection you are not at significant risk of annihilation on a grand scale. 

49 minutes ago, SWMissourian said:

And about these accomplishments. What kinds of technologies have you helped us with, and can we ask for more help with technology now that our races are mutually aware of one another?

"As Mr. Biden has discussed, we assisted humanity with the development of semiconductors. This was because you needed computer power to, most importantly, manage your nuclear arsenal that you insisted on gathering."

Sarik does not give any physical indication, but his tone indicates disappointment at the development of nuclear weapons. 

"So, the better question, Mr. Speaker, is what problems do you wish our assistance with?"

46 minutes ago, Bruce said:

"So, the better question, Mr. Speaker, is what problems do you wish our assistance with?"

One thing we could use help with is rare earth elements. I wonder if there is an equivalent to some of these metals on your planet? 

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

48 minutes ago, Bruce said:

In regards to your first question, the United Alliance is the strongest in the galaxy. There is no threat we cannot eradicate. In regards to your second question, while you remain under our protection you are not at significant risk of annihilation on a grand scale. 

You say we are not at risk on a grand scale. On what scale could we be at risk? 

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

On 2/6/2022 at 1:38 AM, Bruce said:

They were abducting humans on an extraordinary scale before we stepped in, performing ferocious tests on your ancestors. We then placed you under our protection, causing these abductions to be reduced significantly. 

What do you mean by "extraordinary scale" and what kind of tests were being performed? When did this happen? 

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TexAgRepublican said:

One thing we could use help with is rare earth elements. I wonder if there is an equivalent to some of these metals on your planet? 

Not on our planet, per say. But many such minerals are present elsewhere in the universe or could be manufactured and traded.

• Administrators

You say we are not at risk on a grand scale. On what scale could we be at risk? 

Could? Annihilation, sir. Those are the stakes.

• Administrators

What do you mean by "extraordinary scale" and what kind of tests were being performed? When did this happen? 

Abductions and barbaric experiments. Your pop culture is actually not far off here. It occurred on a widespread scale until we stepped in in the 1950s. It still occurs, sadly. But not nearly the scale that it was without our help. 

11 hours ago, Bruce said:

Not on our planet, per say. But many such minerals are present elsewhere in the universe or could be manufactured and traded.

How can we go about acquiring these minerals? 

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

16 hours ago, Bruce said:

Well, Mr. Sarik, I understand your chagrin at the insistence of many of our species’ nations on the development and maintenance of a nuclear arsenal. We can discuss that at another time. More immediately, I am personally quite interested in technology that would help us maintain peace and prosperity here on this planet. As you know, since the end of the Second World War, this planet’s great powers have been at relative peace and the general quality of life of everyday humans across the globe has improved dramatically. I worry we could witness the end of this prosperous era before too long due to looming threats with no simple solutions. I’m talking pollution, climate change, demographic issues, resource problems, and more. That worries me, but I believe that technology and hard work can help us avert the worst consequences of these trends or threats, while other reforms that have more to do with our species’s side of things than your’s will also be important. 

So, with that in mind, here are some technologies or goals I have in mind that would allow for the continuation of our planet’s relative peace, and hopefully for the expansion of that peace, even. I think technology that makes exploiting the resources of the wider solar system, rather than just our planet, is crucial for our future ability to grow and innovate while avoiding deaths and despair due to resource scarcity and deadly pollution. I believe nano-robotics designed to control and clean pollution sustainably and ethically would be beneficial. Cheaper, more efficient, cleaner forms of energy generation are another important thing to consider. That’s all I’ll ask about for now. I’ll leave more for a bit later once we’ve talked a bit about these so far. 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TexAgRepublican said:

How can we go about acquiring these minerals? 

Are you willing to surrender nuclear weapons? This has largely been an ongoing request.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TexAgRepublican said:

What can we do to prepare us for that or to help you defend us? What do you need from us? 

Loyalty to the Alliance. We can handle the rest.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, SWMissourian said:

Well, Mr. Sarik, I understand your chagrin at the insistence of many of our species’ nations on the development and maintenance of a nuclear arsenal. We can discuss that at another time. More immediately, I am personally quite interested in technology that would help us maintain peace and prosperity here on this planet. As you know, since the end of the Second World War, this planet’s great powers have been at relative peace and the general quality of life of everyday humans across the globe has improved dramatically. I worry we could witness the end of this prosperous era before too long due to looming threats with no simple solutions. I’m talking pollution, climate change, demographic issues, resource problems, and more. That worries me, but I believe that technology and hard work can help us avert the worst consequences of these trends or threats, while other reforms that have more to do with our species’s side of things than your’s will also be important. 

So, with that in mind, here are some technologies or goals I have in mind that would allow for the continuation of our planet’s relative peace, and hopefully for the expansion of that peace, even. I think technology that makes exploiting the resources of the wider solar system, rather than just our planet, is crucial for our future ability to grow and innovate while avoiding deaths and despair due to resource scarcity and deadly pollution. I believe nano-robotics designed to control and clean pollution sustainably and ethically would be beneficial. Cheaper, more efficient, cleaner forms of energy generation are another important thing to consider. That’s all I’ll ask about for now. I’ll leave more for a bit later once we’ve talked a bit about these so far. 

The environment is absolutely something we can assist with. But with all due respect, the time to discuss nuclear weapons is now, not later.