Granata for President Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa: Economy

Granata

spacer.png

Granata for President Town Hall

Des Moines, Iowa: Economy

Thanks everyone for coming out today. I understand that many of you may have some questions for me.... Today what we'll aim to do is discuss my positions on the economy and what I plan to do as your president. We're seeing job loss due to over regulation, higher taxes, and out of control spending by a president who is less than tight with the buck. It's important to understand that a problem isn't solved just by writing a check signed by the tax payers. I'll take any questions now. 

joesig.jpg.20a565c2f4251ca06d0b73a73e6ac71b.jpg

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

9 minutes ago, Dogslife said:

Do you support spending cuts? If so, in what areas would you cut that spending?

Great question. So, because we currently have a budget that over spends and over taxes, there are obviously cuts that need to be made. Right off the top of my head, I can tell you that we over spending on the state department, the interior, and the EPA. This is mostly due to staffing issues, allowances, etc. So, I'd definitely look to refine those areas in terms of spending. We also need to make major reforms and, most likely, cuts to welfare programs and Medicare.  I'm sure there are other agencies that need to be looked at as well. What I can tell you though, is that when we cut these areas, we'll be giving some of it back too. Number one, we'll look to increase our national defense spending and number two we will do more for our friends at the V.A. 

A big concern of mine is making sure that our welfare programs are being funded for meaningful and useful causes. I am a big advocate for drug screenings for welfare eligibility to make sure we are not over spending in that area. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

8 hours ago, Dogslife said:

What specifically is your plan for the VA?

Well, the main objective of the VA is to make sure the men and women of our military or taken care of after sacrificing for our nation. I think it's important to remember that it is the responsibility of the executive branch to make sure that happens. The first thing I would do, in regards to the VA, is direct the secretary to ensure the mental health of combat veterans is top priority immediately following combat for up to a period of five years. Many of you know that the mental health of our citizens is an extremely important issue, and even more so when we are talking about our veterans. I have talked to many people who say their lives have been affected negatively due to lack of mental health care provided to them after returning from combat. it is my pledge to make sure we are allocating every resource possible to this cause. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Reporter Ben Levin from the AMNC

Senator Granata,

Do you have any specifics on your plans regarding taxes? Can we expect the elimination of any taxes and/or the introduction of new ones?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

45 minutes ago, SWMissourian said:

Reporter Ben Levin from the AMNC

Senator Granata,

Do you have any specifics on your plans regarding taxes? Can we expect the elimination of any taxes and/or the introduction of new ones?

Thanks for the question. 

My tax plan does three main things. One, we lower the income tax rate in every bracket by an average of two percent. Two, we increase the standard deduction by a large amount, almost double for single filers and married filers alike. Three, we increase the child tax credit, again, by almost double. What I aim to do is give the middle class the boost they need to thrive. This puts more money in people's pockets, allows them to spend less and earn more while preparing their taxes, and it gives a break to the working mothers and fathers of America. 

This is an aggressive policy that aims to help the middle class. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Mary Jones, ECNN Reporter

Senator Granata, are you prepared to make a balanced budget pledge? If yes when will you balance the budget by?

The Rt Hon Dylan Macmillan MP

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and First Lord of the Treasury

MP for Nuneaton

Archived