Jump to content

Presidential Nomination: Department of Defense


Steven Andrews

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admiral, 

Thank you for appearing here today for the hearing regarding your nomination for Secretary of Defense. The DoD is an important part of our government. Some would say it is the most important. The ability to wage war is an inherent part of the State after all. 

My first question for you regards the wars we’ve been involved in in the Middle East. What do you think is the best plan of action to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq? What kind of anti-ISIS operations can we expect under a Shawshank Defense Department? 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Admiral,

In your view, what are the major challenges confronting the next Secretary of Defense and how would you address these challenges?

 

Congress & Supreme Court Admin


Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

 

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Additionally, Admiral; 

I must ask about the situation regarding the South China Sea. What do you think should be done and/or what actions will you take as Secretary of Defense to keep trade in the region open and American naval vessels free to travel?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SWMissourian said:

Additionally, Admiral; 

I must ask about the situation regarding the South China Sea. What do you think should be done and/or what actions will you take as Secretary of Defense to keep trade in the region open and American naval vessels free to travel?

Senator I believe our secretary of state nominee will be able to help you out there better then I but I can say we are monitoring the situation very closely and will act swiftly to stop any illegal aggressive action China takes.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DTMvikings said:

Admiral, 

what will you do as head of the DOD to combat cybercrime and cyber security threats from around the world?

Thank you for the question Senator, to answer your question I want to work more closely with cyber security companies and increase STEM related jobs in the military field to properly help us in this critical fight.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Admiral,

In your view, what are the major challenges confronting the next Secretary of Defense and how would you address these challenges?

 

The Civil Wars in Syria and Turkey, China, Iran and Cyberattacks are the major challenges in my view.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SWMissourian said:

Admiral, 

Thank you for appearing here today for the hearing regarding your nomination for Secretary of Defense. The DoD is an important part of our government. Some would say it is the most important. The ability to wage war is an inherent part of the State after all. 

My first question for you regards the wars we’ve been involved in in the Middle East. What do you think is the best plan of action to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq? What kind of anti-ISIS operations can we expect under a Shawshank Defense Department? 

The best plan to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq is two fold 1) continue what we have been doing which has severely crippled ISIS to the point where there fighting capabilities are limited and 2) Put up a government the people want and leave advisors with those leaders for 2-3 years to ensure stability before leaving to ensure their isn't a power vacuum and we are having to fight against a new ISIS in a few years.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Admiral, 

First, I want to congratulate you on your appointment and thank you for appearing before the Senate. You sir, are a role model for so many and have broken so many barriers. As a member of LGBTQ, what reforms would you enact to create a more tolerant defense department so that those that follow your footsteps can be more open regarding their sexuality vs hiding it?

 

i yield 

0B6E32E2-E74E-489C-9297-0F4AF2319B51.jpeg.99b640adfd1fd7b72e3dc8630982799e.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Admiral,

What actors do you find most threatening to America’s space infrastructure? Do you support the development of defensive and offensive space capabilities through the DOD?

Congress & Supreme Court Admin


Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

 

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Senator I believe our secretary of state nominee will be able to help you out there better then I but I can say we are monitoring the situation very closely and will act swiftly to stop any illegal aggressive action China takes.

Well, Admiral, I believe you are better positioned to answer this than the Secretary of State nominee would because it is your concern, as Secretary of Defense, whether or not the US Navy can retain freedom of the seas, something we worry will come under fire as China increases their hegemony over the area. What kind of actions are on the table here?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, do you think that China’s continuous theft of American intellectual property is a threat to our national security and economic interests, and why?

Congress & Supreme Court Admin


Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

 

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Admiral, 

First, I want to congratulate you on your appointment and thank you for appearing before the Senate. You sir, are a role model for so many and have broken so many barriers. As a member of LGBTQ, what reforms would you enact to create a more tolerant defense department so that those that follow your footsteps can be more open regarding their sexuality vs hiding it?

 

i yield 

Thank you Senator, to assure my friends on the right I will not use my post to turn the DOD into some social justice paradise I will adhere to and enforce military law as appropriate. However the damage done by acts like Don't Ask Don't Tell and the general stigma of being gay still looms large in the military today and I look to help bring us around on that front by telling generals and JAGs if they continue prosecution of homosexuals for crimes like sexual misconduct they are to go through the entirety of their court records for the past 4 years and prosecute any case of sexual misconduct commited by heterosexuals as well.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SWMissourian said:

Well, Admiral, I believe you are better positioned to answer this than the Secretary of State nominee would because it is your concern, as Secretary of Defense, whether or not the US Navy can retain freedom of the seas, something we worry will come under fire as China increases their hegemony over the area. What kind of actions are on the table here?

Senator your original question focused more on trade and free movement of ships than the navy being able to stand up to China which is why I mentioned the Secretary of State. I'm not willing to lay out my full plan for obvious reason but be rest assured we are going to be beefing up our allies like the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, and so on to ensure they are properly equipped to stand up to China which is the main part of the plan.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Also, do you think that China’s continuous theft of American intellectual property is a threat to our national security and economic interests, and why?

I do believes it harms businesses and our economy more then national security but it does still threaten to a degree our ability to keep ourselves secure from a cyber security stand point.

Hartland: The Purification is Coming soon to a Theater near you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Admiral, you've mentioned the civil war in Turkey being a challenge that faces the next Secretary of Defense. Can you tell us a little about how the Defense Department will address the Turkish civil war, and how that fits into the administration's broader strategy in regard to Turkey?

Senator Holly Hawthorne (R-AK)

@HollyHawthorne | Join the Freedom Caucus!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Batman said:

Senator your original question focused more on trade and free movement of ships than the navy being able to stand up to China which is why I mentioned the Secretary of State. I'm not willing to lay out my full plan for obvious reason but be rest assured we are going to be beefing up our allies like the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, and so on to ensure they are properly equipped to stand up to China which is the main part of the plan.

Pardon me, Admiral. I should’ve phrased my question perhaps more clearly. My original question was indeed focused on the Navy. I specifically mentioned it. Also, it’s part of the Navy’s job, at least historically, to assure the freedom of travel on the high seas for itself and American shipping, which is why I asked that. 

Moving on, I’d like to ask you about the statement you made earlier regarding my questions about ISIS. You said we establish strong governments in the region that “the people want”, right? What do you mean by that? Are we looking at regime change in Syria? I know a lot of people are apprehensive about that post-Iraq War. 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...