President-Elect Christina Tillman Press Conference

Chris

Ms. Tillman, 

The situation in Turkey has rapidly devolved. President Obama has so far indicated his full support for President Erdogan. Where do you stand and what will your administration do regarding the conflict in Turkey?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

1 minute ago, SWMissourian said:

Ms. Tillman, 

The situation in Turkey has rapidly devolved. President Obama has so far indicated his full support for President Erdogan. Where do you stand and what will your administration do regarding the conflict in Turkey?

Jackson, the situation in Turkey is extremely concerning and I am monitoring it very closely. At this time it would be inappropriate to answer the question and I will refer you to the State Department for our current position. This press conference is for the transition and I will answer any question regarding the transition.  

0B6E32E2-E74E-489C-9297-0F4AF2319B51.jpeg.99b640adfd1fd7b72e3dc8630982799e.jpeg

Madam President-elect,

Republican Senators have already began introducing commonsense Bills ahead of the new session. What piece of legislation do you look forward to signing first?

Congress & Supreme Court Admin

Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

9 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Madam President-elect,

Republican Senators have already began introducing commonsense Bills ahead of the new session. What piece of legislation do you look forward to signing first?

Thank you for the question. I do apologize for not knowing your name I am unfamiliar with your news outlet. I would say that I am looking forward to rolling out multiple common sense bills within the coming weeks that I look forward to signing. These bills will include deficit neutral tax cuts for the middle class, improving our education system, comprehensive immigration reform, and continued improvements to our healthcare system.

Madam President-elect, 

What do you mean by comprehensive immigration reform? Can you expand on that? Is it a plan you expect the Republican majority to back? 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

Madam President-elect,

Do you commit to sending Congress a balanced budget; and do you support the Constitutional amendment concerning a balanced budget that was proposed last session?

Congress & Supreme Court Admin

Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

10 hours ago, SWMissourian said:

Madam President-elect, 

What do you mean by comprehensive immigration reform? Can you expand on that? Is it a plan you expect the Republican majority to back? 

Jackson, 

I’m glad you asked the question about immigration. The reform package center around what we’ve been saying for months regarding togetherness. There will be pieces in the bill that speak to all groups whether you are conservative, moderate, or progressive. Some of the reform you will be familiar with as it’s been bipartisan agreed upon pieces that have passed the chamber before and there will be new approaches to immigration added in. Specifics will be coming out in future days as we start to unveil the plan. 

9 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Madam President-elect,

Do you commit to sending Congress a balanced budget; and do you support the Constitutional amendment concerning a balanced budget that was proposed last session?

Thank you again for your question. I’m still unsure your media outlet, but I’ll continue to answer your questions regardless I’m just glad you’re here participating. The last time we had a balanced budget was under Bill Clinton. It is the goal of every administration to reduce the deficit and have a balanced budget, but as evident from the time between balanced budgets it is not an easy task. It is the goal of my administration to move us closer towards a balanced budget now this won’t happen over night. It will be a process working together to make our government more efficient. Hopefully the majority will come to the table in serious negotiations on the budget in coming months. 

Madam President-elect, 

What are your plans relating to China and trade? Will you threaten tariffs? Will you designate China as a currency manipulator? Have you and your team contacted President Xi Jinping during the transition so far?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

5 hours ago, SWMissourian said:

Madam President-elect, 

What are your plans relating to China and trade? Will you threaten tariffs? Will you designate China as a currency manipulator? Have you and your team contacted President Xi Jinping during the transition so far?

Jackson, I have not spoken with President Xi Jinping as of yet. As you can imagine my call sheet is rather busy these days with all that is going on with Turkey. I ensure you that the conversation with President Xi will be occurring very soon. There are many items that we will be discussing and trade most certainly will be one of them. Depending on that conversation will determine what direction we will head with China. 

Archived