Press Office of Anthony Granata (R-IL)

Granata

U.S. Senator Anthony Granata: President's Executive Order Dangerous 

spacer.png

U.S. Senator and presidential candidate Anthony Granata (R-IL) gave a statement regarding his concerns with the Iranian nuclear deal and President Obama's Executive Order signed this week. 

Good Afternoon. 

This week President Obama enforced his part of a bad deal as he lifted sanctions on Iran after learning that they were in compliance with the JCPA. We know that his Iranian deal was and is a bad deal for the American people as it allows for Iran to effectively obtain nuclear weapons over a period of time. The United States should withdraw from the JCPA and enter into an agreement that will keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of the state sponsor of terror indefinitely. I pledge to the people of this nation that if elected president, I will withdraw from this bad deal effective immediately and work to renegotiate a deal that truly protects this nation. The Obama Iran deal is dangerous and his order lifting sanctions on Iran is dangerous.

joesig.jpg.20a565c2f4251ca06d0b73a73e6ac71b.jpg

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Granata: Bold and Comprehensive Leadership is Needed to Deal with North Korea

spacer.png

Senator and GOP presidential candidate Anthony Granata addresses North Korea nuclear testing

February 2016

With the announcement of more nuclear tests conducted by North Korea, it is time for American leadership to step up to the plate and approach this issue with bold and comprehensive action. Under this administration, we've seen our reputation on the national stage become clouded by indecisive and just plain bad leadership. This president has failed to completely deal with Iran and has failed to completely deal with North Korea. The state department's message to the American people was nothing short of "don't worry, we will handle this." I am calling on the president to be transparent and open with us on how he plans to move forward, instead of blindly leading us with his reputation of weak foreign policy. 

We need American leadership that will not only forcefully oppose nuclear testing, but also offer bold and comprehensive solutions that may lead to the resolution of this issue for the long term. This means to step up to the negotiating table with a heavy arsenal. We know that when dealing with a regime like North Korea, economic sanctions can fall short because of the firm grasp that their leader has over his people. The North Korean people will stay devout to their leader even with no clothes on their backs or food in their stomachs. Although we need to start with new economic sanctions, it needs to be followed with an active leader to explore more options. I am willing to lay all the cards on the table, something that this president and past administrations have failed to achieve. I am willing to go all in and do whatever it takes. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Granata: Fitzgerald Endorser "Disgusted" by GOP Abortion Bill

15VnTxLF.jpg

GOP Presidential Candidate Anthony Granata (R-IL) slams Kyle Fitzgerald over pro-choice endorser

April 2016

Senator Harvey Ross (R-NC) recently made the following statement on the Senate floor prior to endorsing SML Fitzgerald's presidential campaign. His statement is in regards to the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2015

20 hours ago, DTMvikings said:

Mr. President,

this bill is nothing but an attack on individual liberty and the right to chose whatever you want. The government should have no say in wether or not you get an abortion. I am disgusted and disappointed by my colleagues in the GOP and stand firmly against this bill

What we have seen in the GOP leadership these last two dockets has been everything short of leadership. We have caved by allowing Minority Leader Powell to control the agenda in the senate. We have caved by supporting a culture in the GOP that compromises votes and passage of the most important pieces of conservative legislation. We have failed to utilize our majority successfully.  It comes as no surprise that Senator Fitzgerald has gained the endorsement of a republican senator who has completely abandoned our values. This is not the type of leadership conservatives deserve in the republican party. I urge real conservatives to reconsider their choice for president. Vote for someone who has been consistently on our side. Senator Fitzgerald has sided with Powell time and time again. More than any other Senator. Join me in supporting true conservatism and standing against republicans who are abandoning our values. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Granata: Fitzgerald Praised by Democratic Nominee and Pro Abortion Republicans

9c6fdd172e601c49cca0f99cbdcb72bd

GOP Presidential Candidate Anthony Granata (R-IL) comments on his opponents record with republican opponents

April 2016

I was watching an interview on WNMN, which is great by the way, and I was not surprised to watch Senator Harvey Ross fumble to answer questions on why Kyle Fitzgerald should be the nominee. I mean here you have a pro abortion republican trying making the case to conservatives that Fitzgerald won't sell them out to the DNC. If that is not ironic enough, his explanation did not even seem to satisfy himself! He was asked if it troubled him to see that Fitzgerald was the favored candidate of the DNC and he said "Yes it does." 

To make matters worse, the Democratic nominee has praised Fitzgerald for voting against fellow republicans in the senate. I don't know about you, but I know that's not the kind of republican that conservative voters want representing them on their presidential ticket. 

Kyle Fitzgerald's two biggest endorsements thus far have come from Senator Christine Tillman and an anti abortion GOP senator from North Carolina. Take those two pieces of information to the bank and ask them to cash a check for conservatism. I assure you it will bounce. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Granata Suspends Presidential Campaign: Endorsement to Follow

RudyWave.jpg.3b5577d284729b3a5fb59cd0ae3abfb5.jpg

U.S. Senator Anthony Granata (R-IL) announced today that he will suspend his presidential campaign

July 2016

Today I am announcing that I am suspending my campaign for president. After thoughtful consideration and with the help of my staff, I have determined that the best option for me is to remove myself from consideration. This country faces a tough battle ahead. We need to ensure that a Republican is elected in 2016. Our counterparts support a dangerous vision and narrative for our great nation. I will do everything I can do to make sure that the right person is elected to our nation's highest office. I am planning on making an endorsement soon, and will notify you of that when the time comes. For now, The great state of Illinois can be assured that it has a senator with the best interest of the people at heart. I will not be responding to any media or questions until an endorsement is scheduled to be announced. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Granata Endorses Fitzgerald: He's Going to be Our Nominee

rudy-giuliani.jpg.9f7f5646a0a42da94664acd9f5dce62f.jpg

U.S. Senator Anthony Granata (R-IL) announces his endorsement of Kyle Fitzgerald after a visit to Texas

July 2016

Thanks everyone for coming out today. I understand that you have been waiting to hear who I would endorse after I withdrew from the race. This decision did not come without deep thought and consideration. The two other candidates in the race are great friends of mine. Either of them would have made a great president. However, it has become clear in recent days that the RNC would have seen a contested convention and that isn't something I wanted to have happen. I did not want to give the democrats a head start on this critical election. I did what was in the best interest of our party and that was to avoid a bitter fight to the end. The majority leader and I have had our differences. That is not to say that he is not a better fit to serve as our president than Christina Tillman. Kyle Fitzgerald is on our side when Christina Tillman isn't. He is pro-life and pro second amendment. He believes in smaller and more efficient government. He opposes the Iran Nuclear Deal and wants to secure our border. This is someone our party should stand proudly behind in the face modern American liberalism. 

The Republican party all but has a presumptive nominee. It is time to band together and organize so we can keep our majority in the senate and win back the white house. I am very confident in our ability to do so. 

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

Archived