Powell Healthcare Rally in Denver

Dogslife

Hello Denver! How is everyone! Today I’d like to talk about a issue near and dear to my heart, healthcare. Whether you like it or not, this election we are coming up on will be important for the future of healthcare. On one side, we have the Republicans and Granata who want to steal away your healthcare. 

He said that he wanted to cut funding to Medicare. 60 million people depend on Medicare to survive. Many people on the program can’t afford any other form of insurance. If Granata and the GOP win, they will take away your Medicare. They will make it so you cannot afford to go to the doctor. They’ll make it so you’ll have to go into bankruptcy just to live. The GOP calls themselves the party of the progress but then they go and say they want to steal your healthcare. I think it’s time we show them that we like our healthcare! We cannot let them send us back to the 50’s!

Republicans also have a broken plan to supposedly “help” lower insurance costs. They want all of us to use health savings accounts. Basically savings accounts for health insurance. What they don’t realize is that more than 60% of people in this country have less than $1000 in savings. Only the wealthy and well off would be able to put money in these HSA’s. That’s the big difference this election. One party, the GOP, only wants to give healthcare and tax breaks to the very very rich, the 1%, the big corporations. All this while the true party of the people, the democrats, want healthcare for all! We want tax breaks for the middle class! We want power in the hands of the people! Not in the hands of the 1%!

That’s what we did with Obamacare, and a Democratic congress and a democratic president will continue the progress made with Obamacare. The ACA made it so millions of people gained health insurance they otherwise would not have had. We made it so less people died each year because they had no insurance. Now the GOP says they want to get rid of that progress. They want to kick people if Medicare. They want to get rid of protections for people with pre-existing conditions. They don’t care about the common man, all they want to do is pad the pockets of their big pharma donors. 

The GOP also always screams about, “oh the mean old democrats raised premiums with Obamacare.” Something they don’t mention is that they caused that! When they lie and say Obamacare is falling apart and imploding, they destabilize the market and they make premiums rise. Ask almost any expert on this and they’ll say that’s what’s happening. If you vote for democrats, we’ll make sure that doesn’t happen. Well make sure that you’ll have health insurance. Well make sure that it’s affordable. Well make sure your prescription drugs are affordable. The republicans will do the exact opposite of all of that.

That’s all for me folks. Thank you!

William C. Motter D-CO-02 (Boulder, Fort Collins, Broomfield)

Archived