Campaign Kickoff: Dean Tyler (R-PA) for U.S. Senate

Brady

Campaign Kickoff: Dean Tyler (R-PA) for U.S. Senate
Allentown, Pennsylvania

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you all for taking some time out of your day to be here.

I'm here today to ask for your support in becoming the next United States Senator from Pennsylvania. I'm running for the Senate because I believe Pennsylvania deserves a Senator who will champion our values, American values, in Washington, D.C. For Pennsylvanians, the principles we hold dear are the same principles so many people across the heartland of America share. We believe in faith, we believe in family, we believe in freedom. Those are the ideals that will guide me if I'm elected to serve this great state in the Senate. Let me tell you a little bit about what I plan to do.

First, my faith is very important to me, and I know faith is important to so many of you. In the Senate, I'll be an advocate for people of faith. I will insist the United States continue to be the world's standard bearer for religious liberty, protecting the right of every American to practice his or her religion. I will introduce legislation to protect religious liberty, and I will work with my Senate colleagues to pass more legislation like the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act that recently passed Congress. We need tough new conscience protections not only to protect taxpayers, but also to ensure no American is ever required to set aside deeply held convictions just to make a living.

As your Senator, I'll be working day in and day out to ensure Pennsylvanian families have everything they need to thrive. For too long, our economic system has been working for an elite few and failing working class families. It's time for that to end. I'll support the Granata tax plan, which will increase the standard deduction and reduce the tax burden for working class families -- eliminating some families' tax burden altogether. Senator Granata's plan will also nearly double the child tax credit. That'd the kind of pro-family tax policy we need and I'm going to fight to see we get it. I'm also going to fight to ensure good working class jobs come back to Pennsylvania by insisting we stop letting multinational corporations move those jobs overseas. It's time for us to get serious about negotiating trade deals that are fair for American workers, and renegotiating bad deals like NAFTA that have left Pennsylvanians and so many Americans behind. I pledge to you today that I will do everything in my power to block unfair trade deals like NAFTA or the TPP. We're not going to keep enriching other countries at the expense of Pennsylvanian jobs, not on my watch.

For more than two centuries, the United States of America has been a beacon for freedom. The American people have always understood that the greatest threat to freedom is letting government grow too big and too powerful, but over the past eight years the federal government has seen out of control expansion. I'm going to work to reverse that trend in the Senate. Above all, I'll fight to reduce regulations that are undermining our energy independence. Here in Pennsylvania, we understand the importance of pursuing an all of the above approach to energy, not only to reduce our dependence on foreign regimes that don't share our values, but to provide good jobs here at home. When the coal, oil, and natural gas industries are put out of business, Pennsylvanians and other Americans are put out of work. The war on American energy establishment elites have been waging must come to an end. If you send me to the Senate, it will.

Folks, we're at a crossroads in this election. One option is to follow Western Europe's lead and embrace government that favors militant secularists over people of faith, wealthy elites over working class families, and unrestrained government over free citizens. That's the choice Elijah Roman, Robert Powell, and Christina Tillman offer. I'm running for the United States Senate, to protect faith, family, and freedom, because I believe we can and will defend the time-honored values that have made Pennsylvania great and America the leader of the free world. I'm asking you to stand with me and fight for the America we believe in, a republic that is still today of the people, by the people, and for the people. Thank you all, and God bless America!

Senator Holly Hawthorne (R-AK)

@HollyHawthorne | Join the Freedom Caucus!

Archived