Elise Thorne Takes Questions At Clinton Airport before the Conventions

CWard

I'm the best choice for Arkansas because I'm a moderate Democrat. So often the polarization of politics means that one somebody says they're a Republican or a Democrat, people assume their positions. But most people in this state find themselves in the middle. They want someone who's going to care about the big national issues like abortion and gun rights. But we're a big tent party. There are some of us who want to see abortion reduced. There are some of us who know that farmers need to own a firearm to keep their property and livelihoods safe. And surprise, we're Democrats. 

From there, Arkansans have to ask themselves if Republican control has worked for them? Our rural communities are lacking, and the school suffer for it. Arkansan's getting by on ramen and crackers because they don't have a decent wage. We have an opioid crises here in Arkansas and getting people off prescriptions and providing alternatives is a good start. The tariff proposals that the GOP have suggested would create a trade war that would crush Arkansas farmers. I think that's what needs to be asked. If you're worried about abortion and guns, there's two candidates that you can find common ground with. From there, Arkansans need to ask if doing the same thing is different. I don't think it is, and that's why I'm running

Calvin Ward

Senator Massachusetts- D 

I would’ve pressed to see an amendment for expansion of contraception first. The problem with the bill as originally written was that it did unfairly target the poor with out providing an alternative. Had that funding been secured I then would’ve voted in favor of it.

but that’s the main difference between me and the the Republican Party. I want to see abortion be the last choice, not the first and make sure that we’re providing alternatives. I see no alternatives from the GOP

Calvin Ward

Senator Massachusetts- D 

Archived