Press Office of Michael Madison (R-MO)

SWMissourian

The Official Press Office of US Senator Michael Madison of the Show Me State. 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

Press Office of Michael Madison (R-MO)

Official Press Release

Senator Madison Speaks at Pro-Gun Event in Springfield

SPRINGFIELD, MO - Senator Michael Madison (R-MO) spoke today at a pro-gun event organized by local grassroots organizations in Springfield. Senator Madison emphasized the need to protect the Second Amendment and the rights it guarantees.

”Thanks for having me out here, ladies and gentlemen. It’s always great to be here in Springfield, such a great city in our great state. We all know why we’re here. We are here to stand up for our Constitutional, Second Amendment rights. These are our God-given rights. They pre-date government. The Feds in Washington don’t just allow us to defend ourselves. It is an inherent right. But many of our people in power have either forgotten or chosen to ignore that fact. 

Our President and his party push for radical gun control. They want to seize our guns and ban our rifles. In taking this position, they’ve left behind not only Republicans, they’ve left behind their own party as well. Democrats here in Missouri want to protect themselves too! All Missourians, indeed all Americans, know that they have the right to protect themselves. But our elites don’t care. They live in their gated communities, guarded by hired men with guns. They don’t need guns to protect themselves, so they don’t care that everyday Americans, the people who make our nation great, do need guns. Instead, they want to ban the AR-15 and other similar ‘assault rifles’ which are common and useful to Americans. We use ARs to defend our families, hunt for food, and for a good time. They aren’t especially dangerous, but the fearmongerers in the media and academy would have you believe that is the case. 

The facts are that Missourians—white, black, Latino, Christian, atheist, Republican, or Democrat—know what rights they’re entitled to. They expect us to defend those rights. Unfortunately, many politicians are leaving them behind. Not me. As long as I’m in Washington, I will defend the Second Amendment rights of all Americans, all Missourians. I will vote against every gun control bill that comes before the chamber. In fact, I will introduce pro-gun legislation that we will get passed through Congress. And if President Obama vetoes it? Well, then we show him how Missouri feels about that. 

Thank you, Springfield. It was great being here. God bless you and God bless America!

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

• 2 weeks later...

Press Office of Michael Madison

Official Press Release

The GOP Delivers Results for Americans

The people of the United States of America face myriad problems in this day and age. We face immigration struggles, the fight for constitutional rights, crime, the opioid epidemic, and economic fears relating to globalization and the rise of China. Led by the Republican Party, the Senate has moved to address these issues swiftly. Let's go through the list: 

Trade with China - Our economic relationship with China has been one fraught with national security risk, intellectual property theft, and job loss. Americans in the Midwest know job losses to China especially. Luckily, the Senate passed the Fair Trade with China Enforcement Act. Sponsored by Senate Majority Leader Kyle Fitzgerald (R-TX). As a proud supporter of the bill, I can tell you that it contains numerous provisions protecting the US and our citizens from predatory Chinese business practices, including: banning the government or contractors from dealing with Huawei or ZTE, protecting national security sensitive equipment from China and Chinese companies, and some trade provisions. The trade provisions will make trade with China fairer for the United States and keep jobs here at home. 

Manufacturing - The Senate passed the Promoting More American Manufacturing Jobs Act as one of its first orders of business. I was proud to co-sponsor this bill and vote for its passage by unanimous consent. This act will clarify rules relating to tax deductions and incentives available to American manufacturers.

Opioid Epidemic - The Senate recently passed the Naloxone Accessibility Act. I also co-sponsored this piece of legislation, which will put more naloxone (aka Narcan) in the hands of first responders, thereby preventing countless overdose deaths in Missouri and America as a whole.

Gun Rights - For many years now, the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms have been under attack, mostly from the Democratic Party. Since gun laws are largely individual to each state, citizens, who are otherwise law-abiding, can find themselves caught in a legal mess just by crossing state lines to visit their family or go on a road trip. That is why I introduced the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, which will prevent this sort of thing from happening and protect the Second Amendment rights of millions of Americans. This bill has been up for debate in the Senate, and while debate at first was loud and frequent, it has since died down. Nevertheless, Democrats continue to obstruct a vote on the bill. Even so-called "moderate" Democrats refused to vote to invoke cloture (which would allow us to hold a vote on the bill itself). If you want your right to defend yourself and your family represented in Washington, vote GOP this November.

Bipartisanship - Senate Republicans have worked with the Democratic Minority to deliver solutions for many Americans, including measures honoring our great veterans and protecting rape victims. Contrary to what many Democrats have said, the Republican Party has been very open to bipartisan work.

Election season is upon us this year, and voters of all stripes shall go to the ballots to vote this November. Remember, if you want results from Washington, vote for the Republican Party.

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

• 2 weeks later...

Official Press Release

Senate Democrats Want Open Borders and Refuse to Safeguard Americans

In Washington, the recent murder spree by an illegal immigrant that killed 4 Kansans and 1 Missourian spurred Senator Madison to introduce Kate's Law, which was first conceptualized after the murder of Kate Steinle by an illegal immigrant last year. The bill increases punishments for criminal aliens re-entering the United States after they were already deported. One might think that this common-sense bill that would protect Americans from people who shouldn't be here would pass the Senate with ease, but Senate Democrats have already signaled their opposition to the law on the Senate Floor. Senate Minority Leader Robert Powell (D-CO) in particular said: "This bill makes it so immigrants, who just want to come to America for a better life and to not die, will be denied entry. This is morally wrong and against the principles of this nation as the beacon of democracy and the example of how someone can better their life. If a 30 something year old Guatemalan immigrant, a immigrant who fled her home town under threat of death from gangs, who works in a local small business who pays taxes and supports her community, gets deported for being illegal, then she can’t come back EVEN IF she goes through the legal process." Not only is his assertion regarding legal immigration untrue, his open borders rhetoric is unsettling at best.

Senator Madison, in response, wishes to tell the American people this: "This bill is purely for protection of American citizens from dangerous criminals who re-enter the United States with no regard for the law of the land. Mr. Powell, who in the aforementioned quote seems to support open borders by deflecting to unrelated cases and making false statements, doesn't speak for the majority of Americans who DO want to stand against illegal immigration. Americans see the stagnant wages, cultural division, and other effects caused by illegal immigration. Right where I am from, Missouri, just saw the devastating effects of illegal immigration in March, when an unhinged illegal alien went on a murder spree. Americans in Senator Powell's home state, Colorado, don't want open borders. We all recognize the need for a strong, secure border, but Senate Democrats are standing in the way of even the most sensible bills. They won't support a bill that gets tough on criminals who re-enter after deportation. Can we trust them to run the nation and safeguard all Americans?"

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

• 1 month later...

Office of the Chairman of the Republican National Committee

RE: Resignation 

My colleagues: 

It has been an honor to serve the Republican National Committee's Chairman since last year. I believe that during my tenure, we achieved some great success. We held our ground in Congress, despite all of the odds against us. We even almost held on to Illinois, something many of us thought impossible. It has been my pleasure to coordinate our campaigning and election efforts, bringing our message of accountable, conservative government to the people. 

However, I believe it is now time for me to step aside and allow for someone else to take the helm. I am plenty busy with my family, my state, and advancing legislation that will bring America forward. I believe it is evident that it is time for new blood to lead the RNC. 

Therefore, effective tomorrow at 12:00 a.m., I am officially resigning my post as RNC Chairman. I look forward to a productive session in Congress with you, and I look forward to serving for my fellow Missourians for another six years. Thank you so much for this great opportunity you afforded me. 

Signed, 

/s/ Michael Madison 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Archived