Republican Nation Convention Time!

SWMissourian

Alright, everyone. The Republican National Convention is coming up: August 6-7. This is an important time for our party. We nominate our candidate for President, and we show off our platform and give some speeches about how we are going to put America on the right track. 

So, as far as speeches go, it would be great to see some from a lot of you. I’m thinking we should have some about the following categories: 

Obamacare 

The Economy (including how the GOP will fix it) 

Abortion 

Immigration 

The National Debt 

Support of Law Enforcement 

Religious Freedom

We don’t need all of these, but these are some topics that would be great at our convention. One speech we topic, I’m thinking. It’s a great chance to get your name out there and boost party rep. Of course, we will also be having a speech from our Presidential nominee, whoever that may be. 

Also, I’m accepting ideas on where to put our convention this year. Leave suggestions below as well as your claims for a speech. Thanks!

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

Still need those speech volunteers! I’m adding religious freedom to the list, courtesy of the great Minority Leader!

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

1 minute ago, SWMissourian said:

Feel free to use your Senate multi as well. 

I'll probably use my Senate candidate multi to get his name out there then. If needed and if it's allowed, I can do another speech with my primary as well, but let's see if other people want to volunteer first because it would probably be better to have more people.

Senator Holly Hawthorne (R-AK)

@HollyHawthorne | Join the Freedom Caucus!

I’ll take law enforcement or immigration.

Im also good with Cleveland.

Congress & Supreme Court Admin

Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

(((If you need a picture for this, here's one: https://i.imgur.com/u2WsxOT.jpg)))

State Senator Dean Tyler (R-PA), Candidate for U.S. Senate

Hello Cleveland! It's great to be with you here tonight at the Republican National Convention, where we will nominate Anthony Granata and Adam Benson to be the next President and Vice President of the United States of America! I'm running for the U.S. Senate in my home state of Pennsylvania because I understand how important it is that we not only retake the White House, but hold onto Congress as well. The essential liberties at the heart of what it means to be American are at stake.

Some 240 years ago, our forefathers declared independence from Great Britain, and they embarked on an experiment to create a republic that prioritizes life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as its most cherished rights and highest ideals. That experiment is ongoing today. We're part of it. One crucial part of that undertaking was securing religious liberty for the American people. Many of the men and women who came to call themselves Americans originally came here from Europe and other parts of the world, fleeing religious persecution. Some were Protestants, some were Catholics, and later in our history some were Jews, Muslims, and people of other faiths. All believed in a loving and just God as well as the freedom to follow the courage of their convictions. With both past and future in mind, our founding fathers created the First Amendment, which ensured the federal government would establish no church to marginalize and persecute other churches, and protected the free exercise of religion for every American.

Two centuries ago, the establishment of a state-sponsored church was the biggest threat to religious liberty. Today, religious liberty faces a very different threat. In 2016, Americans' religious liberty is threatened by a militant secularism that insists religion has no place in the public square. Religious liberty is under attack, quite frankly, by Democrats in Congress -- like Robert Powell, who wants to put people of faith out of business if they follow the calling of their conscience. He wants to tell small business owners they can't believe in the traditional definition of marriage anymore. If a Christian baker, a Muslim florist, or a Jewish hairdresser wants to stay in business, he or she will have to participate in same-sex weddings. This isn't how it was supposed to go, is it? This was supposed to be about equality under the law, not cultural warfare and dominance. And yet here we are today with Robert Powell advancing discrimination and persecution against people of faith in the name of furthering so-called equality. But it's not real equality when people of faith are treated unjustly under the law. It's simply un-American to violate religious liberty. Robert Powell must be stopped.

Fortunately, ladies and gentlemen, he will be stopped. He'll be stopped because right now we have a Republican Congress. But if my opponent for the U.S. Senate is elected, if enough Democratic Senate candidates who will make Robert Powell the Senate Majority Leader are elected, and if a Democratic House majority is elected, this vile affront to religious liberty will pass Congress. If Christina Tillman is elected President of the United States, this bill which flies in the face of hundreds of years of American values will become law.

We can't let it happen. As Ronald Reagan once said: "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." When you leave this convention, resolve that you will fight for freedom. Resolve that you will protect our liberty. Resolve that you will hand on the legacy of our fathers and their fathers to your children, and show them by example how to fight for and protect the heritage of freedom that is rightfully theirs. Resolve that we will re-elect a Republican congressional majority, and resolve that we will help Anthony Granata take back the White House. It's up to all of us here tonight. Thank you all, and God bless America!

160718221445-03-rudy-giuliani-rnc-convention-speech-july-18-2016-large-169.jpg

Senator Anthony Granata (R-IL) Vice Presidential Nominee

Mr. Chairman, delegates, republicans.... and my fellow Americans, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am honored to accept your nomination to serve as your vice president of these United States of America. 

I am proud to have your confidence and I am proud to run along side a man who is going to become our 45th president of the United States, Kyle Fitzgerald. 

We are at a time in our nation's history when we must decide whether to continue down the path of Barack Obama's democratic party that has distanced itself from the concerns of the American people, or to create a new path that looks towards individual freedom, law and order, and sustainability. The democratic party of 2016 wants us to allow people into this country without secure and safe borders. They want us to use tax payer money to fund abortions, and they want to take away your rights to bear arms. A Fitzgerald administration will protect your money, your guns, and your borders. It will make sure that your rights are protected and your communities are safe from crime and destruction. 

A Fitzgerald administration will make sure that America is top priority when it comes to negotiating with foreign entities, ally or enemy. It will end the dangerous Iran Nuclear Deal and make sure that any time America enters into an agreement, it stops at nothing to put our interests above all else. 

The current administration has failed us at home and abroad. The democratic party offers nothing but a continuance of the Obama administration, only this time their platform is more left wing, radical, and dangerous for the American people. Christina Tillman believes that your money should be used to fund abortions. She believes that anyone, regardless of immigration status, should have access to benefits that are already failing to be provided to our most vulnerable Americans. Veterans go hungry and homeless while Tillman's policies require the attention of people who broke our immigration laws. 

This is not what the American people want. This is everything the American people stand against. The people of this country stand to lose a lot should they elect someone from the democratic party to hold our nation's highest office. Luckily, Kyle Fitzgerald won't let that happen. 

With a united and energized party behind him, and with policies that make sense, he will become our next president. 

As a party, and as a country, we look forward to November. We are focused, unified, and strong. We will defend Americans from the threats of the democratic party up and down the ticket. 

Together, we will be successful. America is counting on us. 

Thank you all, God bless you and God bless America. 

joesig.jpg.20a565c2f4251ca06d0b73a73e6ac71b.jpg

Republican of Florida

Press Office | Twitter

(((Picture if you need one: https://i.imgur.com/PKjkoYU.jpg)))

Senator Adam Bishop (R-IA)

Good evening fellow Republicans, and to everyone watching at home. I'm excited to be here in Cleveland, part of the vast heartland of America. You know, President Obama and the establishment media keep telling us we're in a recovery -- but are you feeling the recovery? No? No, you're not feeling it here in Cleveland, and we're not feeling it back home in Des Moines. Growth has been anemic. What little growth has occurred has mostly happened in cities along the coasts, not in middle America. If a so-called recovery happens in America, but nobody in the heartland feels it, is it really a recovery? No, it isn't. And there's a reason you're not feeling it. It's because establishment Democrats in Washington, D.C. have accepted this state of affairs as the new normal. After decades of mismanaging the economy, and especially trade, now they're telling you you're just going to have to get used to going nowhere fast.

We are not going to accept that. We're going to create a recovery that brings the American economy roaring back to life. We're going to do it by ignoring the establishment's conventional wisdom and taking aim squarely at ending their failed policies. We're going to do it by electing Anthony Granata the next President of the United States, and sending Republican majorities back to Congress!

First and foremost, we're going to stop deliberately losing the trade war other countries have been waging against the American worker for decades. We are going to stop letting China rise at the expense of American decline. We've already started that important work through the Fair Trade with China Enforcement Act, but there's much more work to be done. With a Republican in the White House and a Republican Congress, we're going to negotiate better deals for the American working class, and we're going to renegotiate bad trade deals. We're going to hold multinational corporations accountable for advancing China's economic and military rise at our expense. With Anthony Granata in the White House and Republican majorities returned to Congress, we're going to stop surrendering to other countries' ambitions, especially China's, and start winning again.

Second, we're going to reform the tax code. Many economic experts agree that our dysfunctional tax code is one of the main reasons we've become so uncompetitive with the rest of the world. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, and it's time we lowered it so our businesses aren't automatically handicapped competing in a global economy. We can also finally provide tax relief for working class Americans. Under the Granata plan, we'll lower income tax rates across the board, we'll increase the standard deduction to ensure no one is taxed into poverty, and we'll increase the child tax credit by almost double what it is today. We need a tax code that works for everyone, not just accountants who make too much money because they're the only ones who can make sense of it all. Anthony Granata and a Republican Congress will deliver real change for taxpayers.

Finally, folks, we need to rebuild America's crumbling infrastructure. I'm talking real infrastructure investment, not the failed pork-laden stimulus of the early Obama administration. From city streets to rural roads, from our bridges to our tunnels, American infrastructure is falling apart, and it's taking an economic toll as everyone from the trucking industry to the average Joe driving home from work pays more for auto maintenance and repair thanks to our infrastructure disaster. It's time for us to rebuild our roads, bridges, and tunnels. In the process, we'll put millions of Americans to work without the need to accumulate tens of thousands of dollars in debt for a college degree. That's what you can expect from a Granata administration and a Republican congressional majority.

For eight years, we've watched as the Obama administration has stumbled from one failed economic policy to another. The result is a lukewarm recovery the heartland isn't feeling, and sluggish growth we're told we should expect to be permanent. We can't afford four or God forbid eight more years of this under a Tillman administration. The American people deserve better than this, and Republicans have a better way. It's time to elect Anthony Granata the 45th President of the United States and re-elect a Republican Congress to get it done. Thank you, and God bless America!

On 8/4/2019 at 3:17 PM, Pinnacle said:

I’ll take law enforcement or immigration.

Im also good with Cleveland.

Feel free to use your CO multi as well. Pick whichever you feel is best or you can do both. 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Sen. Grant Pinnacle (R-AR)

Senate Majority Whip

Good evening, Cleveland; and people watching at home on TV!

As you know, under poor leadership in the White House, our issue at America’s Southern Border has become the crisis that it is today. But the crisis doesn’t exist because there are no solutions, it exists because the Democrats don’t want solutions.

We’ve witnessed together in disbelief as Democrats—including their presidential nominee—obstructed and rejected common-sense legislation to curb illegal migration, protect American families, and promote our national security. We’ve watched together in horror as Obama locked innocent children in cages rather than deterring illicit breaches into our country and ending chain migration. We’ve suffered together in frustration as illegal migrants enter our country with drugs and crime, taking your jobs and feeding off of taxpayers’ welfare.

Nevertheless, I’m here this evening at the RNC bearing good news: help is on the way.

Under the leadership of the Senate Majority Leader, Kyle Fitzgerald, Republicans in Congress have shown tremendous tenacity in fighting for those very solutions which the Democrats have sought to block. I’m confident that, under a Republican Administration and GOP-led Congress, positive change will come for the American people.

No more jobs will be stripped from American citizens and given to illegal, unskilled workers. No more innocent lives, like those of Kathryn Steinle, Dennis McCann, and Sheriff Danny Oliver, will be sacrificed to Obama’s open-borders and catch & release policies.

Americans deserve leadership in D.C. with focus, dedication, and solutions. Congressional Republicans are prepared to take on the crisis enabled by the Obama Administration at our Southern Border. We are united to promote American interests, keep your family safe, and restore the sovereignty of this great nation. We are committed to getting to work each and every day to implement rational, meaningful immigration reform.

I know there’s so much at stake this November, but the options are pretty clear: vote for four more years of open borders, crime, and drugs; or elect a Republican Congressional Majority with real solutions to the difficult issues at the border.

Thank y’all, and God bless y’all.

Congress & Supreme Court Admin

Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

1 hour ago, Sheridan said:

@SWMissourian What topic? I write quickly. 

It’s ultimately up to you. If you use your Senate multi, you can talk about big government and relate that to most of Nevada being owned by the feds. You could relate the idea of big government being dangerous to that and a lot of other things. That would appeal to libertarians and conservatives alike, which would help in Nevada and elsewhere. 

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Tony Barilla (R-VA): 

Six years after it was rushed through Congress, Obamacare is starting to get exposed for what it really is: a law full of broken promises. 

Famously, the Democrats lied through their teeth to say that you would be able to keep your doctor, and of course that was wrong. Millions of Americans lost their doctor when their employers stopped carrying health insurance and they were forced to switch plans. But that’s not the only lie. Far from it.

Obamacare was also supposed to “bend the cost curve”, pundit speak for lowering the cost of healthcare. It didn’t do that. It still costs a ton of money to see a doctor, to get a prescription, to get even basic surgery. High medical costs don’t just impact the uninsured either. It makes your premiums go up because your insurer has to pay those high costs, and it makes Medicare and Medicaid less effective because the government has to pay those high costs. 

Obamacare was supposed to make quality health insurance more accessible. It hasn’t done that. Sure, you can now go on the exchanges and buy a health insurance policy if your employer doesn’t offer one…but many people found out that the only thing available to them on the exchanges was a policy with premiums that cost hundreds of dollars per month, and with a deductible as high as $5,000 or $10,000. Insurance where your deductible could drive you into bankruptcy is hardly “Affordable Healthcare”. 

There are a few things Obamacare did accomplish, let’s not take those away. It did raise health insurance premiums for nearly everyone in the country. It did invent a new type of regressive tax, the Individual Mandate, which literally taxes people for not being able to afford insurance. And it performed a feat of fiscal alchemy by expanding Medicare without actually paying for that expansion, hoping to force and bully the states into paying. 

Obamacare is a disaster. The President might boast about it as an accomplishment, but he also issues dozens of waivers to states, many of them blue states, exempting them from some of its worst provisions. Deep down, he knows that this bill is a lemon, and that the healthcare crisis in this country is very much still alive. 

It’s time for Democrats to step aside. Anthony Granata and the Republican Party are here to fix healthcare, and fix it the right way. 

First of all, we are going to fix all the ways that big government causes healthcare prices to go up. There’s some crazy red tape around healthcare. Did you know, for example, that you can’t buy health insurance from a provider in a different state? That’s right. You can go on eBay and buy a TV from somebody on the other side of the country, you can buy a car one state over and drive it home, but people in Nevada can’t buy health insurance in Utah or Arizona. Repealing that rule will create one, national market for health insurance and drive down prices for consumers through increased competition. Another way government causes higher healthcare costs is the lengthy drug approval process. Even a drug that has been found to be safe still takes years to actually go on sale, because of inefficiency at the FDA. This causes prices to go up. We will streamline drug approval so that cures get to the market faster and lowering prices. 

Second of all, we’re going to enact tort reform. Greedy trial lawyers make billions of dollars each year by filing frivolous lawsuits against doctors and hospitals. That drives up costs for everyone involved in taking care of you. Democrats will never do anything about this, because those same trial lawyers donate millions each year to the Democrat Party. The Republican Party will clamp down on abusive and baseless lawsuits, saving doctors and their patients billions in costs. Healthcare should be about making patients feel better, not about new yachts for lawyers. 

Third of all, we are going to repeal and replace Obamacare. We will get rid of the individual mandate, which is a gross abuse of federal power AND a bad policy that punishes the poorest Americans. We will get rid of the medical device tax, which makes healthcare more expensive for seniors and those with disabilities. We will make it easier for families to save for their healthcare expenses and deduct medical costs from their taxes. We will make it cheaper and easier for your employers to offer you good, high-quality health insurance, plans with low premiums and low deductibles. We will expand the number of healthcare providers and drive down costs while driving up service. 

Americans deserve better than Obamacare. Americans deserve Anthony Granata. 

Senator John Kadar (R-WV)

53 minutes ago, Sheridan said:

@SWMissourian Who is the POTUS nominee and what are their views on healthcare/Obamacare and abortion? Or has somebody covered those bases already? 

Granata is. I suppose you aren't on Discord?

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Archived