Fitzgerald Touts Tax Plan

TexAgRepublican

South Carolina

Howdy! It’s great to be here today in the Palmetto State. How about that win in Iowa? We’ll take a win whenever we can get it, but there’s a long way to go ahead of us. This is just getting started.

Folks, today I want to go into a little more detail about my tax plan. Americans have been taxed to death for the last eight years under President Obama. The end result is that you and your family have fallen further and further behind the wealthiest elites. Last year the top 1% of Americans took home 22% of all income. The Walton family – the owners of the Wal-Mart retail chain – now own more wealth than 42% of American families. The polices of President Obama have not leveled the playing field for the working and middle class. In fact, they’ve done the opposite. 

That is why I have introduced a comprehensive plan to give real tax relief to the American people. Our corporate tax rate is the highest in the world, and I have proposed legislation to reduce it by more than half down to a more competitive 15% rate. I have also introduced legislation to repeal the Estate Tax and the Alternative Minimum Tax, two taxes that unfairly target rural and middle-class Americans. And most importantly, I have proposed legislation to provide tax relief for working-class and middle-class Americans by increasing the standard deduction to $50,000 for married couples, $37,500 for heads of households, and $25,000 for singles. This will take millions of American households off the income tax rolls entirely, it will end the taxation of working-class people into poverty, it will provide real tax relief for the middle class, and it will simplify our tax code because just about everyone will take the standard deduction. By lowering taxes for both people and businesses, we will increase the purchasing power of ordinary Americans and encourage growth and investment in our country.

Former President Kyle Fitzgerald

Three-Time Republican Nominee

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Archived