Senator Madison Hosts Immigration Rally

SWMissourian

Senator Michael Madison Hosts Rally to Push for Immigration Solutions

Springfield, Missouri

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Good to be here in Springfield, but the occasion is much more somber. As you are no doubt aware, this state and the great state of Kansas experienced a tragedy in the form of a murder spree committed by an illegal alien: Antonio Serrano-Vitorino. Before I move on, I ask that you join me in bowing our heads and saying a small prayer for the victims and their families.

Almighty God,

Thank you for all you provide for us. Thank you for the salvation you brought through the crucifixion of your Son on the Cross. We ask you today to provide healing and guidance to the families of the great people who were killed. This is a time of great suffering and grief for them, so we ask you to guide them through it stronger than ever before. Almighty God, please bless the victims with grace as they enter your domain to enjoy eternal life with you and the righteous. Please help heal and guide this nation so that we may avoid these tragedies in the future. Please guide all the people in the crowd to the destiny you have for them so that we may all make this world a better place. In your Son's name we pray,

Amen.

Back to the business of the day. In this nation, we have a broken immigration system: one that lets in unskilled immigrants that lower wages, one that lets in dangerous criminals and allows the exploitation of children and adults alike by vicious coyotes and cartels, one that endangers the safety of the nation for political points and corporate profit. Politicians of both parties have ignored the ticking time bomb that our system is for years and years. Finally, the American people had enough, and they elected people like me and people like Senate Majority Leader Fitzgerald, people who knew about the problem and wanted to fix it. We have immigration courts that are extremely, horribly backed up, seriously it's a big, big problem. We have a President who is okay with 'catch-and-release', letting people in this country without proper proceedings or screening. We have the Democratic Party, who stand in the way of proper reforms to our immigration regime. And now, ladies and gentlemen, we see the bloody cost of this broken system once again. That is why I have reintroduced Kate's Law into the Senate. This law increases penalties for criminals re-entering our nation after being deported. We need to be tough on crime that endangers our citizens. We saw this with Kate Steinle, and we've seen this recently with the deaths right here in Missouri and Kansas. It really hits home when we can see the consequences so close and so loudly.

No American family should have to worry about illegal immigrants murdering their brothers, sisters, mother, or father. We are the most powerful nation in the world, yet we still don't properly police our southern border. We have floods of people coming across, a real humanitarian crisis for all involved. These people are being taken advantage of, enriching the evil cartels. Dangerous people leak into our nation. Our cultural binds start to unravel as our southern states become less fluent in English and poorer as wages decline. Meanwhile, the people who came here legally are incredulous and angry as we let others who ignore the system to stay! The GOP has proposed numerous legislative solutions, and I call on President Obama and Senate Democrats to corrupt with us in passing these solutions. However, we all know that is unlikely, which is why we must vote GOP come November. The Democratic Party isn't interested in stemming the tide, but the Republicans are. We need a Republican President who is willing to lead on this issue. We need a Republican Congress who is willing to pass necessary bills to fix our bad system. The power to make that change is in your hands. Thank you for coming, ladies and gentlemen. God bless you, God bless the victims, God bless Missouri, and God bless America!"

Christopher Drake

Republican, NY-2

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

Former Chief Administrator - Rounds 4 & 5, Evil Arch-Conservative, Frequent Republican Player

Archived