Fitzgerald Announces Presidential Bid

TexAgRepublican

Houston, TX

Howdy! Thank you, everyone. It’s great to be back in the Lone Star State. Today, I’m excited to announce that I have filed the paperwork to be a candidate for President of the United States!

I’m running because for too long, our country has been toiling away in a global economic order that rewards wealthy elites, multinational corporations, and the rest of the world while you and your family struggle to get by.

Don’t believe me? Just look at the data from the last eight years of the Obama Administration. Wages are stagnant – wage growth is the same as it was before the so-called “recovery” took place. Meanwhile, the richest Americans keep getting richer. Last year the top 1% of Americans took home 22% of all income. The Walton family – the owners of the Wal-Mart retail chain – own more wealth than 42% of American families. 

The policies of the Obama Administration the last eight years have not leveled the playing field for working families. Instead, they have allowed the hollowing out of America’s middle class to fester and get even worse. It's time for a new agenda that prioritizes the livelihood, security, and values of you and your family. I’m running for President to deliver that agenda. 

We must fix our broken immigration system that has allowed millions of undocumented people to enter this country illegally, threatening your family’s safety and dragging down wages for millions of American workers. It’s time to build a wall along our southern border to end this problem once and for all. Furthermore, we must protect American workers with national e-verify for all employers, end the practice of sanctuary cities, and enact a merit-based immigration system to ensure that America attracts the most skilled people from around the world to keep us competitive in the 21st Century. 

We must fix our broken trade system that has caused millions of American jobs to be shipped overseas to places like China and Mexico. As a Senator, I passed legislation to stand up to China’s unfair trade practices. As President, I will go even further. I will immediately withdraw America from the disastrous Trans-Pacific Partnership – a proposed agreement that will outsource even more jobs, lower wages for workers, and make the middle class even smaller. I will put additional tariffs on outsourced goods and currency manipulators while protecting key American industries such as steel and aluminum that are vital to our national security.

We must fix our broken system of onerous taxes and burdensome regulations. These taxes and regulations are strangling American economic growth while the rest of the world passes us by. We need to lower taxes for middle-class Americans, reduce our corporate tax rate that has become the highest in the world, and eliminate regulations in the energy sector so that we can produce coal and oil here in America instead of in China or Iran. 

We must fix our broken healthcare system and repeal Obamacare. Obamacare is nothing more than crony capitalism – a handout to insurance companies at the expense of everyone else. We must replace it with affordable and accessible healthcare for all Americans – regardless of income, age, or pre-existing conditions. 

And finally, we must heal the soul of our country. Certainly, there’s an economic component to the shrinking of America’s middle class. But there’s a social component as well, and they go hand-in-hand. We need to restore traditional American values. As President, I will appoint judges who will uphold those values. They will respect the rights of the unborn, the right to own and bear arms, and the rights of states to make decisions on their own without the meddling influence of an overbearing federal government. They will preserve and protect the Constitution that has made this country so great. 

After years of watching leaders sell out our country, it’s time for some real change. It’s time to put America First. Today, I ask you to join me. Thank you all, and God bless America!

Former President Kyle Fitzgerald

Three-Time Republican Nominee

Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Archived