Press Office of Christina Tillman (D-CA)

Chris

Christina Tillman calls for more bipartisanship

"This week we have witness a tremendous amount of bipartisan cooperation between the Republican majority and the Democratic minority. A number of bills are set to pass or did pass the Senate by wide margins. Some of which were legislation that strengthened our position on China and we are soon to pass legislation that protects Americans from unwarranted online sexual harassment. Each of these bills were introduced by the both Senate Leaders of each caucus and I proudly voted yes on both. These are the moments that are a true testament to our system of government and I call upon all my fellow Senators to continue working together so we continue to progress our country forward. I ask that we do not get bogged down on the issue of process, but celebrate that our system works and we are able to govern for our constituents back home.  Our country is better when we work together rather than when we are divided."

0B6E32E2-E74E-489C-9297-0F4AF2319B51.jpeg.99b640adfd1fd7b72e3dc8630982799e.jpeg

Democratic Nominee Christina Tillman delivers speech in AMES.

"My fellow Americans, we are at a crucial moment in our history. We must choose whether we will continue to move forward or do we reverse the progress we have made over the last 8 years. We all remember all too well the Bush administration to choose the latter. It was an era of deregulation and war that caused our economy to spiral out of control and unemployment to rise. Now we have several Republicans asking us to support their policies that would reverse the Affordable Care Act, end social security and Medicare, and destroy our economy once again. I am running for President to continue our progression into the future. I have a vision for America of progress, equality, and prosperity. To show every child in America that they can do anything that put to mind to with a little hard work and dedication. Where every American can afford the life saving healthcare they need and not spend a 3rd of their household income. An America that leads the world in morality and equality for every human regardless of gender identification, race, religion, or sexual orientation. An America where families come for a better future, to not be turned away by those that fear monger, and embraced for following the principles that our country was founded upon. An America that every American has the opportunity to work regardless of their background.This future is one that is yet to be written, but with your help we can make it a reality. Under a Tillman Administration, our future will be one of progress and continued support of the American people. As President, I will work to strengthen our country and it will be a story that we can all be proud to say we were a part of. Let’s say no to reversing progress and say yes to a better future for our country. Together, we can make our future bright for all that call our country home. God Bless you and God Bless America. "

• 1 month later...

Christina Tillman Makes Campaign Stops Bethesda, MD and New York, New York talking Foreign Policy

Here are the highlights of those speeches:

Bethesda, MD

"Our country is strong when we work together, but it is even stronger when we support our men and women in uniform. As President, I promise that we will maintain our military strength and we will not make major cuts to military spending. We are the greatest superpower in the history of the world and we have an obligation to fulfill that role. Under my presidency, we will not be afraid to stand up for the values that we hold dear and we will not become isolationist. We will stand up for what is right, we will protect those around the world from oppression, and we will support our men and women at home. My administration will also approach the budget by moving for more funds to be appropriated to veteran affairs to keep our promise to our military. We will continue to improve our military healthcare, pre/post military benefits, and continue to strengthen our GI Bill. Together we will stand by our military and together we will make our country stronger." 

New York, NY

"This is the home of the United Nation, one of the greatest international organizations this world has ever seen. My campaign for President has been on the promise of strengthening our country together, but togetherness does not stop with the United States. Organizations such as the UN and NATO are vital to success of our world. They were born out of a war that killed millions of people around the world. Their successes have prevented another world war. Countries have come together for a common goal of keeping stability in the world. I promise as President I will continue to strengthen our relationship with these organizations. We play an integral in the world success and we will not be isolationists. We will continue to stand up for what is right and we will work with these organizations to protect the natural rights of people all over the world. We will continue to make the world a better place for generations to come."   

Christina Tillman Promises to Protect Medicare from Granata

"In a speech given in Iowa, Senator Granata promised to cut spending to Medicare. This would be breaking a promise to seniors all over this country. Seniors in Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Colorado, and the remaining 42 states would run the risk of not being able to retire having health insurance benefits that they paid for during their working lifetime. This type of policy is just wrong and we must ensure that Senator Granata is not elected President. We must protect Medicare and ensure that we are fulfilling our promise to our seniors. As President, I will block any cut to medicare or social security. We must strengthen these values and ensure that every American has the opportunity to retire enjoying their golden years without the stress of having to continue to work. We are a hard working people and we deserve to have the promises made to each one of us kept. Together we can ensure we do just that." 

Archived