SmL Powell holds Press Conference Outside Senate Office

Dogslife

Hello everyone and thank you for being here, I'd like to speak briefly and then answer your questions. 

First things first, even though the Democrats are in the minority, we still have the same rights as the other senators. We can still introduce, debate, and vote on legislation. We can still try to pass our legislation. The GOP seems to think that trying to get debates on bills is frowned upon. Whenever the minority starts to try to do their jobs the Republicans start whining and crying. With them its their way or the highway. Us dems try to compromise, try to pass bipartisan legislation like trying to stop cheating in elections through gerrymandering and trying to raise the minimum wage, but they only want to pass their far right bills like the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. A bill that would make it so a oklahoma resident going to Colorado wouldn't have to follow Colorado gun laws. Everyone talks about being bipartisan, but the only ones who actually put their money where their mouth is are us dems. 

With the being said, I'd like to open the floor to any questions you may have.

William C. Motter D-CO-02 (Boulder, Fort Collins, Broomfield)

ECNN

Senator Powell, much has been made of your attempt to pass legislation with the only bill that has passed being the bipartisan legislation known as the USS Frank E Evans Act. Why aren't you focusing on more bipartisan legislative drives like this instead of playing politics with the minority role?

The Rt Hon Dylan Macmillan MP

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and First Lord of the Treasury

MP for Nuneaton

Well I’d like to think the bills I’m putting forward are bipartisan. You already mentioned the USS Frank E Evans Act but I also motion for the republican Naloxone Accessibility Act which will do wonders in helping to curb Opioid deaths. The other bill I motioned will get rid of partisan gerrymandering which an astonishing 73% of Americans approve of with only 14% disapproving. It’s not politics, it doing what 3/4 of Americans want to be done.

William C. Motter D-CO-02 (Boulder, Fort Collins, Broomfield)

Archived