Sen. Grant Pinnacle | Press Office

Pinnacle

Office of Senator Grant Pinnacle

March 29, 2016

Re: Commending the Service of the United States Capitol Police and Law Enforcement Officers across the Nation

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Following an incident at the Capitol Visitor Center, the Senator introduced a Resolution commending the U.S. Capitol Police, and released the following statement:

“On behalf of myself and my colleagues, I praise the U.S. Capitol Police for their quick and successful termination of today’s threat in the Capitol Visitor Center.  It is their skillful and dedicated service that keeps Congress protected and allows us to continuously—and safely—work for the American people.

Further, I would like to thank each of the approximately 650,000 law enforcement officers across the United States for their brave service to our country.”

###

Edited by Pinnacle
  • Like 1

Congress & Supreme Court Admin

Admin NPCs:
Rep. Derek H. Gray (D-TX-20)

Speaker of the House & Democratic Party Chair

The Hon. John Roberts

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Office of Senator Grant Pinnacle

Senate Majority Whip

Re: Senator Pinnacle Chosen as Senate Majority Whip

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington, D.C.—Today, the Senator was selected by the Republican Caucus to serve as Assistant Senate Majority Leader, or “Majority Whip.” Following which, he released the below statement to the press:

“Friends,

I’m blessed to have been chosen by my colleagues to serve as Majority Whip during such a critical time for this nation. Unlike some obstructionist members of the Senate, I’m pleased that we Republicans are here with a clear focus that keeps us together and in perpetual action:

Power needs to be put back in the hands of the average American worker, businessperson, and citizen—not the federal government;

Americans’ right to own a gun and keep their families safe should never be unconstitutionally revoked and dangerously regulated;

Unborn children, who are marked for death each and every day, deserve an advocate to protect them from cruel and unnecessary slaughter;

Securing our Southern border from illicit breach is critical to ensuring national security and combating the drugs and opioid epidemic we currently face;

Each and every one of our veterans should be protected and supported by the country for which they so honorably fought.

Republicans are united, prepared, and determined to put the gridlock, obstruction, and political theatrics we’ve recently witnessed in the Senate on PAUSE. It’s about time Congress gets back to work for the American people.”

###

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

• 3 weeks later...

Office of Senator Grant Pinnacle

Senate Majority Leader

Re: Pinnacle Elected Senate Majority Leader

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Conway, AR—Senator Grant Pinnacle was elected today by his colleagues to serve as Senate Majority Leader. He released the following statement to the press:

“I’m deeply humbled to have this opportunity to lead my Republican friends in the U.S. Senate. While my colleagues and I understand the enormity of the task before us come January, we’re nevertheless eager to get to work for the many Americans who have been left behind over the last eight years.

I am optimistic that, next session, the Majority can unite with our friends across the aisle to pass smart and effective legislation for the American people.”

###

• Like 1

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

• 3 weeks later...

Majority Leader

Re: The Senate Can Do Better

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Little Rock—Today Senator Pinnacle released a copy of a Memorandum delivered to the Minority Leader, which was subsequently forwarded to the press by the Minority Leader. Senator Pinnacle made the following statement to provide context:

”I’m saddened to see the Minority Leader use hyperpartisan tactics to attempt to thwart the agenda of this Senate and the American People—before the session has even convened.

The Senate’s duty to craft good policy to support every American is no less important than our duty to provide advice and consent for Presidential nominations. When I reached out to the Minority Leader to coordinate with him on the Senate’s many priorities, he didn’t come concerned about any of the “legislating” parts. That is certainly a concern.

Yesterday, I offered to make a docket consisting of bipartisan, commonsense legislation and essential cabinet nominees—like the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of State (who has not been nominated yet)—and then save the second docket for the remaining nominees. The Minority Leader refused.

Then, I asked if he could have his Senators read five priority bills in advance of the session so we could quickly pass them while the first docket of appointments is in it’s mandatory 24-hour hold. The Minority Leader didn’t respond, but instead went straight to the press.

Now, I am releasing the exact Memo I shared with the Minority Leader in confidence, alongside notes briefly describing each Bill. I hope that you all take a look at what the Democratic Leader and his media associates are so appalled by: progress.

Thank y’all, and God bless.”

Office of Senator Grant Pinnacle

Majority Leader

MEMORANDUM

To: Senate Minority Leader

Re: Priority Legislation for the Opening of the 115th Congress

Below is a list of a few bills determined to be bipartisan, commonsense, “priority legislation.”

1. Cybersecurity Preparedness Act - Tony Barilla

[Note: This Bill protects the federal government from potential insider threats, protects diplomats from spy surveillance, and funds cybersecurity preparedness.]

2. Farming for Future Act - Christina Tillman

[Note: This Bill, written by the Democratic President-elect herself, provides additional subsidies for American farmers and offers a tax cut for high-employment agriculture opportunities.]

3. SECURE Technology Act - Michael Madison

[Note: This Bill supports the assessment of cybersecurity vulnerabilities of the Department of Homeland Security information systems.]

4. Protecting Children from Online Predators Act - Adam Bishop

[Note: This Bill protects children from online predators and imposes criminal penalties for exploiting minors online.]

5. Securing our Agriculture and Food Act - Grant Pinnacle & Adam Bishop

[Note: This Bill protects America’s food, agriculture, and veterinary systems against terrorism and other potential threats to homeland security.]

I hope that our two sides can come together and approve these priority items at the start of the session.

GP

Edited by Pinnacle

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

Majority Leader

Re: 115th Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington—The Senator made the following remarks on the Senate Floor at the opening of the 115th Congress following the swearing-in of new Senators:

”Mr. President,

I am happy to welcome back familiar faces, and express warm greetings to new Members of this body. On the Republican side, that includes Tony Barilla of Nevada. On the Democratic side, that includes Mallory Manongalia of New Hampshire and Barnabee James of Illinois.

To each of my new colleagues: I hope that you take a moment to enjoy the rich tradition of this day as you embark on your new career in the “greatest deliberative body in the world.” To returning Members: I hope that you can proudly reflect on the work we did—together—for the American people last session.

We have a lot of work ahead of us, and I look forward to serving in unity to move America forward.”

###

• Like 1

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

Majority Leader

Re: Second Docket

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

Majority Leader

Re: Crisis in Turkey

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington—The Senator made the following statement following the President’s Oval Office address concerning the ongoing civil war in Turkey:

“I applaud the Commander-in-Chief for her strong strategic response to the developing conflict in Turkey. This Senate, and this Congress, stands with the President in promoting global peace, stability, and democracy.

I personally look forward to the speedy confirmation of Admiral Shawshank as Secretary of Defense. His leadership over the Defense Department and charge over the Sixth Fleet will be profoundly helpful in safely resolving this crisis.”

###

• Like 1

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

Release: March 10, 2017

UNITED STATES SENATE

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

March 1, 2017

Dear Madam President,

The Senate received your nomination of Mr. John Alexander to the position of Attorney General of the United States. Currently, he remains in a review hearing in the Senate Chamber, where his performance has elicited profound concern amongst myself, some of my colleagues, and the people of my state.

Article II, section 2, para. 2 of the United States Constitution provides that “[the President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States.” The following should serve as my advice to you as a United States Senator for the State of Arkansas:

1.  that the nomination of Mr. John Alexander as Attorney General of the United States be withdrawn from the Senate;

2.  that you nominate a person to the position of Attorney General of the United States who has significant consent of the Senate, and is capable of being confirmed by a majority vote; and

3.  that such nominee be respectful of the concepts of America’s separation of powers, checks and balances, supremacy of the Constitution, and the rule of Law.

I am eager to work with you and your new nominee, should you accept my advice, to promptly arrange for the consideration of him or her before the full Senate. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

/s/ GRANT PINNACLE

U.S. Senator

cc: Declan James, Chief of Staff, Executive Office of the President

• Like 1

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

• 3 weeks later...

Majority Leader

Re: FAMILY Act

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington—The Senator made the following statement/presentation to the press regarding the FAMILY Act, which was allowed no substantial Congressional debate and has little informed-support.

“When I allowed the FAMILY Act to be brought to the Senate Floor, I expected sufficient—at least minimal—debate on the tax it imposes on each of America’s workers and businesses. I anticipated some discussion on its expected billion dollar fiscal impact. I hoped for thorough legislative consideration on its effect on women, senior citizens, and veteran workers. Instead, with no deliberation whatsoever, debate was prematurely ended.

Now, let me be clear, I have nothing against the Senators who voted to end debate on this legislation; however, I—who actually has considered the consequences of the FAMILY Act—have grace concerns about this legislation and it’s devastating impact on our economy:

1) The FAMILY Act will need to cover an estimated $200+ billion in paid leave for 2017; however,

2) with the 0.4% tax split between every employee and employer, revenue would amount to around $30 billion, covering only 15% of the bill’s costs.

3) To cover the costs of paid leave under the FAMILY Act, the shared tax would have to be around 3%, meaning that

4) 1.5% of every American’s paycheck (an average of nearly $1,000 per year) will have to be taken out to fund paid leave, unless we want to continue to expand our enormous federal deficit.

On top of this, the FAMILY Act provides no job security and will only increase the unemployment rate in the United States. Employers, especially small businesses, will have a tough time hiring new workers. Women will face even greater discrimination in the workplace due to employer assumptions that they’ll use more of the paid leave benefit than men. Senior citizens and veterans will also face issues with employment because of their expected use of paid leave.

The FAMILY Act—although a great idea in theory—had so little deliberation and thought put into it that it will ironically do more to hurt families than to help them. I encourage my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to join me in introducing a better bill: one than promotes family; protects female, senior, and veteran workers; and does not dig us into a deeper deficit.”

###

Source

Edited by Pinnacle
Added source

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts

Majority Leader

Re: Fifth Docket

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington—Statement Following the release of the Fifth Docket:

“This afternoon my office posted the fifth docket of the session. This docket consists of bipartisan, widely-supported legislation that will protect all Americans, strengthen the U.S. relationship with Taiwan, and return certain public lands to the People.

I’m optimistic that we will get through this docket quickly and continue advancing the American Agenda.”

###

Admin NPCs:

The Hon. John Roberts